No announcement yet.

Retro Core Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good episode! Interesting to see one of the Tenchi games on the Saturn, even though it's not much of a game. The anime was shown on the Toonami section of Cartoon Network here around the year 2000 and I became a big fan as a kid. I'd like to try the RPG on the SNES too as I hear that's been translated

The Mega Drive carts arrived a couple of days ago, by the way, so many thanks for that. Looking forward to playing them, but my console has bits missing at the moment while I wait for some parts to arrive to finish a mod

Comment

Oh man, I forgot all about those MD games. Glad they arrived ok.

The Tenchi Muyo games (actually 6, not 5 like I said on the video) on the Saturn are not that great if you don't understand Japanese but some are very good if you do. The Xing one shown on the show is ok but I like the Yumedia Tenchi Muyo game that's done in the same style. That game has them visiting the Onsen (Hot Springs). One of the Pioneer games is a really poor puzzle game like Puyo Puyo. The other Yumedia game is actually a Tenchi Muyo data disc with chraracter profiles, videos, music and pictures. The two NEC Magical Girl Pretty Sammy games are typical Japanese adventure games but do feature official video with voices and music.

Comment

Interesting game this Tenchi Muyo - definitely something I'd never consider buying, but excellent showcase of a game I'd never even dream of existing. That Mandarake store is quite something. I don't recall visiting one in Tokyo... Or maybe I did, but it certainly wasn't that stocked up. Even the not so rare games looked like I'd pick a few up i.e., Rockman X etc.

Comment

I hate going to Mandrake because I always come out with no more money and a bag full of games. No self control

Comment

Just freeze framed through the prices on the MD stuff. Some of it's very reasonable, some at Ebay prices :/
            Last edited by muddy; 29-05-2013, 07:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              I hate going to Mandrake because I always come out with no more money and a bag full of games. No self control
              Not surprised. You obsession on (mainly) retro video games has been duly noted. What did you get that time?
              On the other hand, I guess the expertise is worth something. I don't think it's posing a problem to your family?!
              Actually I was looking for Ninja Warriors Again covers on google pics and your photos showed up linking to assembler games. It's like you clone your posts there and here.

Comment

Haha, ASSEMblergames is where my posts are first made. That's been my virtual home for 15 years now. Been a mod there for probably 12 or so years. I don't clone all posts though just the buy posts. My buys don't affect my family since my wife doesn't give a **** about anything I do. My son loves seeing new games be it retro or modern.

That day I took the Mandrake video I bought El Viento on the Mega Drive, Contra Spirits and a few other SFC games.

Comment

Mandarake is a nice place to buy anime figures and stuff. They ship worldwide.

Comment

I almost bought an original Megatron mint in box from Mandrake but the price was a whopping 48'000 yen!. They do have a few other original Transformers too fully boxed but those also cost quite a bit.

Comment

Retro Core 4 Volume 9 is now on line for your viewing pleasure!!

In volume 9 I take a look at the fantastic Yu Suzuki Game Works book as well as the Dreamcast GDROM that comes with it. Not only that but I put the Saturn and Dreamcast versions of Power Drift side by side. just how good does the Saturn version look? I'm sure you'll be very surprised.
                      Mega Drive shooting fans will Enjoy Heavy Unit. One of the first shooters for the system and a really tough one at that.

You Tube link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zT7qJvFm1g

Official site - http://www.segagagadomain.com/RetroCorepage-main.htm

Comment

Hot on the heels of Retro Core 4 Volume 9 comes volume 10, not two weeks later. I'm hoping to bring the shows out on a more constant scheduled from now on.

In this show I take a look at Double Dragon on the GameBoy, marvel VS Capcom 2 on the Dreamcast. One of the best 2D fighter of it's time IMO and the awful looking but great sounding shooter, Verytex on the Mega Drive / Genesis,

YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLtfLcdPgUQ

Official site coming later.

Comment

Retro Core 4 Volume 11 out now on YouTube.

Official site version of Retro Core 4 Volume 11 for those who want the best quality - http://www.segagagadomain.com/RetroCorepage-main.htm

Comment

Retro Core 4 - Volume 12

Have you ever wondered what games you may have missed for a very common system? Well, in Europe the Sega Master System was king of consoles unlike the US and Japan where the Famicom / NES ruled supreme. In Europe Sega had it big during the 8bit and 16 bit days. So it stands to reason that the European Master System library is massive! But that's not to say every game was released in Europe. Oh no. The Koreans were busy ripping off other peoples work and porting the games to the Master System as well as 1 or 2 original titles. Some of which are actually pretty good. Check them out in the special Korean Master System game round up as well as Out Run 2019 for the Mega Drive and Alien VS Predator on the arcade.

Comment

almost 3 months since the last show, Retro Core 4 volume 13 is finally here!

Comment

All new Retro Core 4 is out now on YouTube, volume 14. Official Site version with 60fps download coming in 2 weeks but on a good point the last Battle of the Ports is going up on to the official site in an hour

Oh, I didn't mention in this post but Retro Core 4 Volume 13 was put up on to the official site a week or so ago. http://www.segagagadomain.com/retrocore/rc4-13.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X