No announcement yet.

Retro Core Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The next volume of Retro Core 5 is now out - Neo Geo ports!

Comment

Enjoyed that. Never could quite understand why the Saturn didn't have enough grunt as a standard system to replicate Neo games though.

Comment

The Saturn has way more than enough grunt to replicate the Neo Geo. The big issue is memory. Neo.games were.jam packed with animation which is why the Saturn had issues and had to resort to ram cards. If the Saturn came with say 6 or 8mbit of ram as standard it could have easily made 1on1 ports of Neo Geo games. Just a shame that RAM was so expensive back in the early 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          The next volume of Retro Core 5 is now out - Neo Geo ports!

Always thought that the Saturn handled ports of Neo Geo games well, but obviously not that well. Good video.

SNES Samurai Shodown didn't have the zoom-in sprite effect. Camera was fixed at a distance - polar opposite of the Mega-CD port.

Comment

Just watched that Neo Geo port episode - I don't think I've ever watched a Retro Core before.. that was.. fantastic. Just fantastic.
            Subscribed.

And now I'm going to have to buy a Framemeister! Damn you Yakumo!

Comment

Thank you very much. By the way, check out the sales forum. I sell the Framemeister

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
              SNES Samurai Shodown didn't have the zoom-in sprite effect. Camera was fixed at a distance - polar opposite of the Mega-CD port.
              Yeah, someone else pointed that out but I could have sworn I saw a version that zoomed? I guess my memory is confusing it for another version
              Last edited by Yakumo; 25-08-2014, 15:02.

Comment

I've said it before Yakumo, but I love your videos, especially when you show snippets of your life in Japan.

It's so cool having this exhaustive, treasure trove of a Videogame shop tucked away in a nondescript shopping centre. After that I re-watched the video you made when you go to your favourite bar and it's hidden in this massive building that's full of them.

Any plans on making more videos like that?

Comment

Agreed, i enjoy the trip out vids i loved the dash cam as you drove to manga soko very green & scenic, bag cam is always fun i still remember the stealth filming in hard off hehe.

Comment

Yeah, someone else pointed that out but I could have sworn I saw a version that zoomed? I guess my memory is confusing it for another version
                    You must be thinking of the 3DO port?

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
                      . After that I re-watched the video you made when you go to your favourite bar and it's hidden in this massive building that's full of them.

Any plans on making more videos like that?
                      I'm planning on going drinking this Saturday night so I may just do a 4K video

@Nu-Eclipse - ah yes, I think that was it.

Comment

I'm planning on going drinking this Saturday night so I may just do a 4K video
                        Nice! I'm a big fan of Japan but some of the small eccentricities completely pass me by. The idea of having small drinking dens hidden in an apartment complex made me very jealous we have nothing like that in the UK.

If you're prepared to, I would love to see more videos like that.

Comment

So, did you record any jolly japes around Japan?

Comment

Sorry. I was with some friends so I didn't want to look like a complete git filming the night life. But not to worry, I will do something in the future.

Comment

No worries, looking forward to more of your guided tours of Japan!

Comment

Please think about supporting the show by becoming my patron. Thanks so much!
                                Patreon is empowering a new generation of creators. Support and engage with artists and creators as they live out their passions!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

It has taken almost 2 months to get the show done but it's finally here. In volume 3 of Retro Core 5 we take a look at 18 titles from the PlayStation 2's Sega Ages series. While there are actually 33 titles in the series I only own 18 of them which are all featured in this video.

Titles included are:
                                Monaco GP - Fantasy Zone - Space Harrier - Golden Axe - Tanto R & Bonanza Brothers - Virtua Racing - After Burner II - Hokuto No Ken - Out Run - Alien Syndrom - Virtua Fighter 2 - Fighting Vipers - SDI & Quartet - Last Bronx - Dynamite Deka (Die Hard Arcade) - Panzer Dragoon - Galaxy Force II and finally Fantasy Zone Complete Collection.

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                                X