• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brook Wingman XB2 - Over a hundred controllers for your Xbox Consoles

Comment

The Hyper base FC. The cartridge system with a secret

Comment

Unreleased PC Engine Game Show along with undocumented ) as of this post cheats!

Comment

I was about to mention the Unipacc/Uni-Post thing but you already did! It does have a weirdly similar feel to XDR, especially the very similar muffled-sounding explosions! I did a bit of research as I've always been faintly interested in what happened with Unipacc after XDR came out.

The official line is that the rom came from original designer Tokuhisa Tajima, but their history seems to show they were a graphic designer (on things like Heavy Unit and Bust-a-Move) so probably just involved rather than the overall game designer I bet. Didn't seem to have any involvement with XDR, Unipacc or Affect. My thoughts are that it's probably just a coincidence but it's so hard to say, there's so much history with things like this where we'll never really know due to the way the games were(n't) always obviously credited back then and using only initials and things like that.

The PCE Works release is pretty funny, proper anniversary edition with art prints and a vinyl record, all in service of an unfinished-looking game that looks like a complete honker! I strongly suspect they don't have the rights to it either, but then the whole company is basically just a 400-in-1 pirate game cartridge company on steroids so just another day in paradise for them I suppose.

Comment

I've played worse PCE games, but that's not a compliment.

Comment

Indeed,. There's a lot of stinker shooters on the PC Engine. Many of which I bought

Comment

Quite a capable little box

Comment

Bit of an unusual video for me as I take a look at a PC game! But don't worry, I'm not going all PC gamer here, this game truly has it's routs in console style origins.

Comment

Check out the video description link to grab yourself this amazing release by Mauro Xavier

Comment

A new Life in Japan video - They wouldn't let us in to Super Mario World!

Comment

What OS is this using?

Comment

Volume 4 of some banging Mega Drive tunes!

Comment

There are many cases where I don't have enough footage to make a complete Life in Japan episode.
                            So here are all those never before seen clips put together with voiceover for the very first time.

Comment

N64 video quality sucks but this easy mod can help improve it.

Comment

Nice mod! The stock video on the N64 is really lousy, even back in the day I thought it looked awful. I remember playing one of the demo units in HMV and thinking the dot crawl looked awful on it.

The weird thing is I don't really mind stock composite on something properly old, but there really was no excuse for them having it on the N64 and it's one of the barriers that has made the idea of actually buying the console something that I keep kicking down the road. Any time I think about getting one, I start weighing up the bother of getting it, getting it modded, finding a pad with a non-knackered joystick and err (whisper it) I don't like much of the Nintendo first-party output so I'd be doing it all for a system where I only truly want maybe a dozen games on it. And most of those games aren't that cheap and neither is the Everdrive...

Still, at least the RGB bit is sorted! It's great what people are knocking up nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                                X