No announcement yet.

Retro Core Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a heads up to let everyone know that Retro Core 2 Vol:2 will be available within the next 24 hours. There should be no more poor voice over issues now that I've got a whole new microphone set up so sound quality will be a lot clearer.

Featured in RC2 Vol:2 is a nice look at Chinese original Mega Drive games as well as some unlicensed Japanese Mega Drive games. Also featured is Auto Modellista US Tuned (Game Cube), Atomic Runner (Mega Drive), Rabbit (Saturn), Virus (Saturn), Gradius 3 (Super Famicom) and PC Engine CD's Dracula X.

Yakumo

Yakumo

Comment

Retro Core 2 Vol: 2 is now ready for download! Download speeds are currently at 280kbps but that will probably drop a lot once the server starts getting hammered.

Yakumo

Comment

Awesome Yakumo! You are the man!
        Can't wait to watch this, will take away some of the time from the wait for the european Wiiware launch tomorrow.

Comment

Bad news guys. I checked the show last night and stupid Ulead Video Tool Box never added Virus, Rabbit or the Chinese Dragon Ball game to the show even though they were in the list of files to be added. To top that off it put all the Mega Drive Chinese games in the wrong order! That's the last time I do stuff automatically.

Still, at least it didn't delete the files so I'll put Virus, Rabbit and the Chinese Dragonball game for Mega Drive in the next show.

Yakumo

Comment

Just finished watching the new episode, top stuff as usual. And that new microphone seems to have made a huge improvement in the voice over quality. Looking forward to next months instalment.

Comment

Lookin forward to this as usual. Shame that dodgy program failed to do its job properly. Can never trust computers these days.

Comment

Another excellent episode. I was pissing myself during that Ali vs Jordan intro!

Comment

I remember seeing that 'Top Fighter 2000' bootleg on a screen in Akihabara Super Potato in '04, Ali vs Jordan and a handwritten sign stuck to the display with only '?!?!?!' scrawled in red marker. Goddamn I laughed.

Comment

Always happy to make others laugh that game really crap though. I'll be doing more Chinese original Mega Drive stuff on the show in the coming months. Soon I'll do a feature on the chinese Rockman X3! Ported from the SFC from what I've been told.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                      Eiji on the AES is mega difficult, but some people can fight the way through the game and unlock Geese at the end, so its possible
                      Once you know the patterns you can easily perfect most characters on all difficulty levels.

Apart from Geese though, as he IS a cheating bast!!!

Comment

I've just watched part2.

I agree, Yakumo, Rondo isn't as good as CastlevaniaIV. Rondo is very good - CV4 is a work of genius.

You are also right about Chelnov/Atomic Runner. It's a fun game - that looks fantastic on the MD. A ridiculous amount of parallax, lots of effects, and it moves really smoothy. The actual gameplay is simple - but very enjoyable.

I remember it received some good reviews back in the day. Anyone giving it bad reviews now - must either be crap at arcade games, or too brainwashed by modern 3D.

Why did you take the scoreboard out of the videos? ... I like a rating system.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                          Why did you take the scoreboard out of the videos? ... I like a rating system.
                          I got fed up with people mailing me bitching about how wrong I was at the score giving. So I just leave them out now. Still, I think everyone can judge how good a game is from seeing and listening to my comments.

Yakumo

Comment

I agree with you Yakumo and Leon. That Rondo isn't the greatest Castlevania platformer, but hell it is a great game in itself. My 2 favourite castlevanias have to be the sublime Super Castlevania IV and Vampire Killer.

Can't wait for the next vid Yakumo, the last one was superb as always.

Comment

Great stuff Yakumo - always enjoy watching these

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                                I got fed up with people mailing me bitching about how wrong I was at the score giving. So I just leave them out now. Still, I think everyone can judge how good a game is from seeing and listening to my comments.

Yakumo
                                Without the scoreboard - the end of the review comes, and it goes straight onto the next game. I like a bit of a pause - because it feels better to me.

It feels like one long game video - without anything else.

Sorry to ask for more work from you, but I'm a perfectionist.

Comment

Working...
                                X