No announcement yet.

Retro Core Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you should put the scoreboard back in Yakumo! - stuff what everyone else thinks! I like it when people have strong opinions on games even if they are different from mine.
    BTW did you ever get off the 2nd level on Last Hope? (I was watching your shooter special this morning)

Comment

Downloaded, watched, loved it.

Thanks mate, keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by buzz909 View Post
        I think you should put the scoreboard back in Yakumo! - stuff what everyone else thinks! I like it when people have strong opinions on games even if they are different from mine.
        OK, I'll stick the scores back in from vol:4. Volume 3 is already made or at least the games and voiceovers are done. It just needs putting together. Some great stuff for Volume 3 including a Wii game!! Why am I doing Wii you may ask? Well, the answer will be revealed in the show.

Originally posted by buzz909 View Post
        BTW did you ever get off the 2nd level on Last Hope? (I was watching your shooter special this morning)
        I only ever got as far as level 3. Too bloody hard to make it any fun.

I'm happy that everyone is enjoying the new series. Let's hope it grows even more popular than the last one.

Yakumo

Comment

"Is it a 7 or an 8? There's a world of difference between 89% and 90%, buster!" To hell with numerically rating games. There's an entire review to hear the pros, cons and the commentator's opinion of a game. Scores are for football enthusiasts and Edge readers.

Comment

Originally posted by BluntX View Post
            To hell with numerically rating games.
            Yeah, Yakumo should be innovative and use fruits to rate his games. Oh the fanboy rage when Sonic 3 gets orange, and Super Mario World gets apple!

Comment

Originally posted by elkatas View Post
              Yeah, Yakumo should be innovative and use fruits to rate his games. Oh the fanboy rage when Sonic 3 gets orange, and Super Mario World gets apple!
              I don't mind mind what Yakumo chooses - I just like a break between the game footage.

SuperMarioWorld would get a "Huge Melon" ....

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                SuperMarioWorld would get a "Huge Melon" ....
                That would Super Mario Sunshine. And everyone who has played that game, knows that symbolism isn't praising one.

Comment

Mario Galaxy would get a brown banana to simulate what a pile of crap it is Or at least I thought it was well over rated. Looks nice mind you.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    Mario Galaxy would get a brown banana to simulate what a pile of crap it is Or at least I thought it was well over rated. Looks nice mind you.
                    Heretic! If you don't change your opinion, I'm going to send Leon Ahoy! to your home. Naked.

Comment

I always liked the scores, they seem to be pretty much spot on, never fawning over one game just becuase it was by a certain developer. I got pretty good at gussing the score you'd give before the end of the review so you were right that you can guess from your comments alone.

Comment

Heretic! If you don't change your opinion, I'm going to send Leon Ahoy! to your home. Naked.
                        Sorry mate but I just can't. Looks like I'll have to block all the windows and doors

yakumo

Comment

Sorry mate but I just can't. Looks like I'll have to block all the windows and doors
                          Like this?

Comment

hahahaha, yeah, something ike that.

Yakumo

Comment

Yakumo
                              See this is what I like. I wish you did write for Edge magazine.

Originally posted by BluntX View Post
                              "Is it a 7 or an 8? There's a world of difference between 89% and 90%, buster!" To hell with numerically rating games. There's an entire review to hear the pros, cons and the commentator's opinion of a game. Scores are for football enthusiasts and Edge readers.
                              I don't like the Edge scoring system - i always tend to think any game that gets 7/10 isn't worth bothering with. Scores out of 30 are the way to go - no one relates them to percentages. Top games get 25+ Very good games get 20+. I think this is best for magazines, but Yakumo should stick to his own scoring system.

I think that Last Hope on the AES may be harder than the DC version - a scary thought. The NEo CD version is meant to be easier with pink bullets.

Comment

Like this?

So.... in some alternate reality, I'm Tails, and Yakumo is Sonic.

And people call be mad.

Comment

Working...
                                X