Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Least expensive IMPORT games you have bought

These threads are pretty fun IMO.

What import bargains have you picked up over the years?

Amongst others I got 2 sealed copies of Radiant Silvergun for ?35, and a sealed Viewtiful Joe for DS for ?3.70 shipped.
    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 28-04-2008, 11:43.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Picked up a few crafty bargains in my time possible the best was the series of Japanese MD stuff I bought last year but had to sell for my Japan trip

Ikaruga sealed - £11 (When CEX got rid of all their import gear)
    Splatter House 2 jp MD - £5
    Bare Knuckle 3 jp MD - £8
    Bare Knuckle 2 jp MD - £5
    Super Shinobi II jp MD - £4
    Vampire Killer jp MD - £30
    Gley Lancer jp MD - £20
    Metal Slug RAM pack jp Saturn (Ebay!) - £8
    Macross SFC (the expensive one!) - £6 in Japan, although this is cheap even for Japan the till lads messed up the price and put it through as 1,300 yen.
    There's also a bunch of stuff I picked up in Japan on the cheap but didn't include that as that's really to be expected
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

My best bargain was probably a mint copy of Bakuretsumuteki Bangaioh (N64) for $15

Comment

*Edit - I'm a moron.
        Last edited by pentarou; 28-04-2008, 12:57.

Comment

Originally posted by pentarou View Post
          Pal Guardian Heroes for £1.50 is probably my best, or £20 for pal Symphony of the Night.
          Unless you live out side of the UK those games are not imports and thus have no relevence to the thread. Buying imports is considered a costly practice so this is what this thread is about. They've got loads of copies of <insert PAL game here> in my local indie for &#163;99p. If you made a "Least expensive games you have bought" thread which covered domestic releases you could start, and I could post about the bargainous Panzer Saga I got.
          Last edited by J0e Musashi; 28-04-2008, 11:48.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Recollecting my JP saturn collection in 2003 I got sealed copies of Sega Rally, Virtua Fighter 2 and Panzer 2 for 60p each. (ebay)

Comment

RRV and Devil May Cry for &#163;1, jpn ps2.

Comment

Well i wouldn't say they were bargains as they aren't worth anything but i picked up a sealed Japanese PS2 MGS2 and Winning Eleven (can't remember which one) for 99p each. They are still sealed and sat on my shelf, i might play them one day.

Comment

Circus Lido for 15 quid a few years ago which was cheap at the time

Radiant silvergun for 30 quid off ebay of all places about 2 years ago

Jap PC Engine GT with about 40 Hu-Cards for 50 quid from some scally in wythenshawe years ago. All boxed as well..!!!!!!

US Saturn Panzer dragoon saga for a tenner form a car boot ages ago

Sin and Punishment for 14 quid off ebay again in dec or jan...my best recently.

There must be more...

Comment

I've had loads of cheapy GBA games from Play-asia for ?5.

Comment

Your AES Metal Slug has got to be the biggest bargain, Joe!

I haven't managed to bag any bargains really, but some lucky f*ckers did get some bargains on my eBay clearances. Among those, a mint Popful Mail (PCE CD) for around &#163;15, a sealed Strider (PCE CD) and a mint Rainbow Islands for around &#163;20 a piece. Oh, and F-Zero GX (Jap GC) for 32p. Yes, I truly suck at this eBay thing...
                      Last edited by samanosuke; 28-04-2008, 12:36.

Comment

A Sega Multimega from the window of Gamestation for ?40.

Comment

Lol, I totally forgot about that one N. I recently bought back SF Collection too. Seems terrible nowadays, the load times are attrocious.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                            Unless you live out side of the UK those games are not imports and thus have no relevence to the thread. Buying imports is considered a costly practice so this is what this thread is about. They've got loads of copies of <insert PAL game here> in my local indie for ?99p. If you made a "Least expensive games you have bought" thread which covered domestic releases you could start, and I could post about the bargainous Panzer Saga I got.
                            Whoops, I kinda posted that without thinking. As far cheap import games go, I got a Metal Slug 1 conversion off eBay for ?35.

Comment

I got a bargain ages ago when I first started collecting, I put a wanted ad in the Local Trade-it for a PC Engine Turbo-Duo and I got a reply for one in Swindon for ?60 with 'some games'

When I turned up to collect it was mint in box with over 50 games HuCard and CD including Dracula X, Gunhed, Cotton, Hellfire, Multitap and 3 extra controllers.. and a bunch of other cool stuff.. then looking in the back of his garage I saw a boxed CoreGrafx 2 which he let me have for ?30.. even chucked in a buch of old CVG and Mean Machines mags

So I got a nice collection for ?90 quid.. but try getting anything other than pirate ps1 games in trade-it now..

Comment

Working...
                              X