Emulators for mobiles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emulators for mobiles...

...anyone here do this? I've been into the scene ever since I first had a SE P800 way back when. I've been through a few phones since but now I feel emulation on mobile phones is really coming into its own. I now have an N95 8gb and it runs emulators beautifully. Among the best are Picodrive (MD/Genesis) which now has perfect sound emulation (earlier versions were a bit buggy) and vBag (GBA) which runs at practically full speed, at least it does on faster S60 phones. The fact that it is possible to plug the phone into a telly and sync it up to a Wiimote makes this a pretty decent portable system. Okey, so a GP2X has far more emulators and better support, but they cost money. An S60 phone is free on a contract and if, like myself, you already have a Wii then a smartphone is a decent alternative to a GP2X.

Do any users here use smartphones for gaming?

I use pico drive on my n81 8gb works like a dream

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing what emulators appear on the iPhone next month if the DS can handle MVS games.

Comment

Yeah, t'iPhone is bloody powerful. Problem with it is the cacky controls!

The thing you have to take into consideration with regards to the DS is that developers use hardware scrolling in their emulators, and that is how a system so seemingly lacking in power manages to cope with SNES, MD and now even Neo emulators with aplomb. Shame about the sh*tty screen resolution of the DS though...
        Last edited by samanosuke; 03-05-2008, 17:06.

Comment

dvdmike, have you tried using a Wiimote with Pico yet? Google for Mobipad if you're interested... it works like a charm.

Comment

not yet will have a play one day

Comment

Working...
            X