gba games and clearing all data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gba games and clearing all data

i recently managed to get super street fighter ii x revival on the gba, but everything has already been unlocked, which pisses me off no end. does anybody know the method to clear all the ingame data? i've tried different combinations of holding L + A + B + select and all that crap but so far it hasn't worked. i don't really want to have to get a game bit and remove the battery...

also, i realise i'm constantly asking bothersome questions like this, sorry! (i'll be glad to pay anyone back with help with japanese )

actually, this thread could be a useful resource, since there is nowhere that i know of that collects the data clear combinations.

I too would like to know this as my copy of Advance Wars 2 i got from the boot sale the other day has been well played I want it all fresh and new for myself!

Comment

i think advance wars is right + L + select when you turn it on. as far as i'm aware, most of nintendo's own games use the same combination, but others can be anything.

Comment

I had the same problem myself and I'm pretty sure that there's no way to delete the data. Incidently SF2X on GBA is ridiculously glitch ridden, perhaps there's a connection. Also, you won't find a battery in GBA carts, it's all flash ram / eeproms or whatever they're called. Only pirated copies contain actual batteries.

Comment

goddamn it! and it's autosave too, so it's not like i can just turn it off when it's saving to corrupt it.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
            i think advance wars is right + L + select when you turn it on. as far as i'm aware, most of nintendo's own games use the same combination, but others can be anything.
            Cheers mate! I shall be trying this shortly

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
            goddamn it! and it's autosave too, so it's not like i can just turn it off when it's saving to corrupt it.
            Hmmm couldnt you work out when the autosave is triggered and then turn it off or pull the cart out?
            Or pull it out while its loading the data?

Comment

ooook. just checked capcom japan's site and it says on the faqs for street fighter zero 3 alpha (for gba) that clearing all data is not possible. so i'm guessing, as moonwhistle said, it ain't possible with this one either. think i'm just gonna dash it at a wall and see what happens

Comment

Maybe SF2 Revival is different, they were made by different developers and SF2 Revival was made by the Japanese so there is hope of a cheat to clear the data.

Comment

There is a way to do it but you need a gadget to accomplish it. You need a device like an action replay for extracting gba save files. All you do then is load a save file from a different game & it corrupts the save file & wipes it blank.

I use the same trick on my ds games as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X