No announcement yet.

Import Mega CD recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mega CD is rather more intresting as a USA import console. They reallly supported it well there, better then any other region. Any Sega CD games by Working Designs are worth getting as they are translated, oh and Monkey Island too.

Comment

Actually, Bari Arm isn't bad as far as Jp games go. Ninja Warriors is okay but overpriced, and there are much better examples of the genre on cart such as Shadow Dancer, Rolling Thunder 2/3 and the Shinobi series. But Ninja Warriors is two-player so I guess it has its place and the Zuntata soundtrack is pretty good.

Yeah, US imports are a lot more worthwhile. As mentioned Rise of the Dragon is a good alternative to Snatcher, albeit not quite as good but then how many games are? Popful Mail, Wing Commander, Dark Wizard, Dungeon Explorer and Third World War are worth checking out.

Comment

Working Design's Vay isn't to bad an RPG.

Make sure to pick up both the Lunar games as well.

I would mention Shining Force CD, but I'm guessing you have already played that.

Alot of people have said Shadowrun on the Mega CD is very good, but I have yet to play it myself, looks interest however.

Comment

Here, I've found a pretty decent site:

I wish there was more info floating about on the web with regards to some of the obscure Jp Mega-CD titles. I'd love to see reviews of stuff like Warau Salesman and the Koei strategy titles but i can't find any info on these titles.

Comment

I would suggest Bari Arm / Android Assault.

Here's the opening scenes and some gameplay footage of Android Assault: Revenge of Bari-arm on Sega CD. This game ranks pretty high in my list of favorite sh...

Comment

Here, I've found a blog that features a few of the more obscure Mega-CD games:

Comment

Here's some more Mega CD clips

And here's John O'Brien brilliant Mega CD engine

Also get Eye Of the Beholder for the epic Yuzo Koshiro soundtrack

Comment

Why oh why were the platform/beat 'em up sections included in Cliffhanger? The 3D sections were great but the other levels were so sh*te that the game as a whole was awful. At least Batman Returns had semi-decent (at least compared to Cliffhanger) platform sections that could be skipped entirely. What a waste of a decent engine.

Comment

The be all, end all video showcasing exactly how RIDICULOUSLY broken this game's engine is. Prepare to witness infinites, 100% damage, dizzies, all kinds of ...

eternal champions cd combo vid

Comment

Also imo the Mega Cd had the best versions of NHL, Fifa and Sensi those real samples made all the diff

Comment

Working...
                      X