Conversions that slipped under the radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conversions that slipped under the radar

Was browsing through the lemon 64 site the other day and came across Castlevania. For the c64! I think it?s a conversion of the first NES game, looks pretty cack

Got me thinking ? what other little known conversions are out there

Dropzone (SNES) ? quite late on in the SNES?s life. Quite playable, similar to C64 version but with bosses
    Arkanoid - Doh it Again ? another odd SNES game, from what I can see this is Arkanoid 3. Not sure why they brought out an arkanoid game 10 years after the original on a dying system. Quite playable though
    Slap Fight MD ? Decent conversion, came out a few years after the arcade original. Think it?s worth a bit now
    Rainbow Islands ? MD. Nowhere near as well known as the home computer versions, hard to get hold of. Not sure if it has the extra islands
    Ghosts n Goblins ? Wonderswan. This is odd ? has the appearance of Super Ghouls n Ghosts but similar level structure to the first game. Looks easier than the others in the series

Daimakaimura for Wonderswan is a completely new game. It does resemble the others in terms of some sprites and characters but is totally new.

Sorry for this but I am a total nerd when it comes to that series.

Great idea for a thread though. I had no idea Castlevania came out for the 64!!

Comment

The Simpsons Arcade Game for C64 and PC (I think those were the formats). Didn't believe it myself until I saw screenshots and vids of them in action a few years back.

Comment

Did nintendo release a spinner for the snes ? arkanoid is very addictive but it be waste of time on pad

Mind you it never stopped me playing it on my c64, with the old quickshot joystick

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
          Great idea for a thread though. I had no idea Castlevania came out for the 64!!
          ****ing horrible port, pretty much same vein as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles port.

EDIT: Oops, which 64 you meant? C64 or N64?
          Last edited by elkatas; 27-05-2008, 14:13.

Comment

C64!!

The N64 Legacy of Darkness is awesomes, one of my favourite games evar.

Comment

There were a LOT of Konami sponsored conversions to the C64 including Castlevania, Simpsons Arcade, Metal Gear, Double Dribble, Jackal, Blades of Steel, Iron Horse and so forth. These don't include the ones that UK companies licensed, programmed and published and then Konami relicensed back to sell in the US (eg. Salamander/Lifeforce, TMNT Arcade, Nemesis/Gradius, Combat School/Boot Camp, Gryzor/Contra, Green Beret/Rush 'n Attack etc).
              Last edited by Mayhem; 27-05-2008, 14:25.
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

On the subject of Castlevania ports, the port of the arcade version to PS2 by Hamster was fairly low-key. If I hadn't of been paying attention around these parts when it was released it would've slipped me by.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  There were a LOT of Konami sponsored conversions to the C64 including Castlevania, Simpsons Arcade, Metal Gear, Double Dribble, Jackal, Blades of Steel, Iron Horse and so forth. These don't include the ones that UK companies licensed, programmed and published and then Konami relicensed back to sell in the US (eg. Salamander/Lifeforce, TMNT Arcade, Nemesis/Gradius, Combat School/Boot Camp, Gryzor/Contra, Green Beret/Rush 'n Attack etc).
                  You're right, although I think Nemesis C64 was converted by Konami themselves (as opposed to Salamander which was done by Imagine)

Comment

not sure about the snes, but there was a paddle for the nes arkanoid

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                      On the subject of Castlevania ports, the port of the arcade version to PS2 by Hamster was fairly low-key. If I hadn't of been paying attention around these parts when it was released it would've slipped me by.
                      Yup. Not that it is a big loss, because Haunted Castle is way too cheap, and awkard to control. You can get more enjoyment even from GB Castlevanias.

Comment

Originally posted by elkatas View Post
                        Yup. Not that it is a big loss, because Haunted Castle is way too cheap, and awkard to control. You can get more enjoyment even from GB Castlevanias.
                        What is this game that you speak of? Got a link to see it?

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                          What is this game that you speak of? Got a link to see it?
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bl7x1Mg_Uxg

Castlevania arcade game.
                          Last edited by elkatas; 27-05-2008, 16:11. Reason: Replaced link with better footage

Comment

Originally posted by Big Seany View Post
                            I had no idea Castlevania came out for the 64!!
                            It was available for the Amiga & PC, too.

Go here: http://www.mobygames.com/game/c64/ca...ia/screenshots

They all look like a nightmare. I mean.. the C64 can be excused - but to have graphics like that on the Amiga, is a crime.

Comment

Originally posted by elkatas View Post
                              Hmmm. Reminds me of Rygar 2! doesn't look like a normal castlevania game. Never knew it existed though, so a cool find

Comment

Working...
                              X