Club Nintendo (UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Club Nintendo (UK)

Hello, been digging through some old mags this afternoon and came across an old UK Club Nintendo magazine from 1990
    Id completly forgot that id even joined! Any other members here? They used to send out magazines full of 'reviews' and tips for Nintendo games, and iirc, the odd freebie? keyrings and suchlike. Had a flick though the 50 pages for a real blast from the past, has full colour reviews for the old Gameboy and Nes inc Super mario land, tetris and Castlevania and The legend of zelda, Zelda 2, Teenage mutant 'hero' turtles and Metriod on the Nes amongst others luckly, as i dont have a camera to show you the mag, i found the exact same issue on ebay, what are the chances of that! Here it is.. http://i12.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/f5/17/5eda_1.JPG
    Last edited by SuperDanX; 08-06-2008, 21:43.

This is quite funny. Picked up a NES this morning with a few bits and bobs with some of the original Club Nintendo Mags. Had a quick look through them and they looked quite good. I was never a member myself but was quite amused by all the kids writing in letters etc. with hints for gameplay!

Comment

Loved the magazine. It sure brings back memories reading through these today.

I have actually bought a whole bunch of them and started scanning them up for retromags. So far I've finished 11 issues.

Comment

I had that exact magazine too. I used to have a load of stuff like posters and pin-badges etc from Club Nintendo but I chucked it all years ago, during a childhood bedroom cleaning blitz no doubt.

Comment

I have issue 1 somewhere..the first year was free and then i subscribed. I even asked for a job when i was a young boy about 15. (18 years ago!) and they printed the letter on the letter sections! I didn't get a job with them!

Comment

That's strange. They used to be free over here for several years.
            Actually up till to moment the magazines stopped and was replaced by Nintendo Player, which was much thicker.

Comment

Maybe my memory isn't serving me correctly. But I'm sure it was free for one year...

Comment

Well I remember that the original card that came with my NES which you could send to Nintendo to receive the magazine said that the first year would be free.
                But for some reason the magazines kept coming for 4 years without having to pay a cent.

Perhaps it was different depending on the country you live in, I'm not sure.

Comment

Working...
                X