Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Rayman a Playstation launch title in the UK

Anyone know the answer to this?

Gamespot have the UK version down as released in December 1995, so it doesn't look like it. A few months down the line from release.

Comment

It was in the US, dunno about over here.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

As far as I remember rayman was not available at launch.

Comment

I got my PSone on September 30 1995 and Rayman somewhere in October.
          If I remember correctly it came out 2 or perhaps 3 weeks after launch.

Comment

take it ur covering the PlayStation at launch in a forthcoming issue of retro gamer? hehe

It was definitely an early title as the "PlayStation" tab at the bottom of PS1 games was introduced a few months after the console, and Rayman is free of that IIRC (until the Platinum re-release). Great game either way, pixel perfect eye candy mmm

Comment

I hate rayman. He is just one of those ****ty characters who have been designed sorely to be the next sonic or mario.
              See also: Croc (by name and nature!), Bubsy the bobcat, Nutz, Crash Bandicoot and spyro the dragon.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                See also: Croc (by name and nature!), Bubsy the bobcat, Nutz, Crash Bandicoot and spyro the dragon.
                Hmh, Crash was poor character, but he did adventure in some great games. But I agree about others.

Comment

Originally posted by elkatas View Post
                  Hmh, Crash was poor character, but he did adventure in some great games. But I agree about others.
                  I actually enjoyed a couple of crash games too, but he was and is a rubbish character! Apart from Mr Nutz I have played and disliked all the others mentioned. And I'm going to add in Gex. He sucked ass too!

Comment

If it's any help, Rayman is the best selling PS game in the UK:
                    1. Rayman
                    2. Tomb Raider 2
                    3. Gran Turismo
                    4. Gran Turismo 2
                    5. Crash Bandicoot
                    6. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
                    7. Who Wants to be a Millionaire
                    8. Driver 2
                    9. Tekken 3
                    10. WWE SmackDown 2
                    Edit: Rayman is SLES-00049, so no it wasn't a launch.
                    Last edited by Profit; 11-06-2008, 13:09.

Comment

Croc!

Wow, I recall the hype surrounding that title, and it wasn't too clever from what I remember - I also recall Spyro being hyped to high heaven, but at least that was reasonably playable.

Comment

Originally posted by Profit View Post
                        If it's any help, Rayman is the best selling PS game in the UK.
                        How in the hell?

Comment

crikey, best selling? It wasn't that great :P For shame, no resident evil

Comment

Rayman was a great game and looked and still looks fantastic. I played it on the saturn mind. (i do believe there isn't any difference though)

Comment

Rayman sold massively on the Platinum range, once the machine was down to a child (birthday/christmas) gift price it was an obvious choice for young kids, a game like Sonic. The Crash Bandicoot in the list will be platinum version too for the same reasons. I worked for a distributor and these games would sell every day.

Comment

Working...
                              X