Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amstrad CPC players uniiiiiiiiiiiiiite!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commodore 16 for teh win, sod the rest!

Comment

I can't believe the dozen or so people who actually bought a CPC happen to post here on this very forum! It's all about the C64/Speccy for me, although Get Dexter is the bollocks.

Comment

HATERS GO HOME

Comment

The Amstrad is the best 8bit computer.

I had an Amstrad( with colour monitor ) for a couple of years( 88/89 ), when I was little. My Brother had a Spectrum, and I also had a C64 for a few months.

Graphics

Amstrad: Its best visuals are a Middle Ground between blocky & defined - and usually colourful.

C64: Can produce some nice visuals - but they always look more like lego than the Amstrad or Spectrum.

Spectrum: The visuals lack colour and detail - but the machine can still produce some nice graphics, and things always looked clear.

Sound

Amstrad:
          It's best music, was better than the Spectrum's. Not up to C64 Sid quality, but still very nice.

C64: The best thing about the C64 is the Sid chip. The best tunes - are still great today.

Spectrum: Simple sound - but a good musician could make catchy tunes.

The Spectrum had the most games. The C64 had some great exclusives. Overall... I'd say the Amstrad didn't have any bad points at all - and with a colour monitor, it was the perfect 8bit machine.

I had my eye on a 6128 - but my parents bought me an Amiga at the begginining of 1990, so I embraced 16bit gaming.
          Last edited by Leon Retro; 20-07-2008, 12:45.

Comment

Working...
          X