Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Which 8-bit micro rocks your world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gunrock View Post
    I think that the 8 bit era was very interesting for all the "almost rans", the Dragon 32, Oric-1, Jupiter Ace, Oric Atmos, the Elan, etc. Then there were the more US-centric big names, like the Apple IIgs and the Atari 800XL, and the Japanese consortium of MSX machines that I used to toy with in Laskys in bexleyheath after school.
    I used to find the range of computers available during the 80s intriguing to say the least. Sadly, nobody I knew had a Dragon 32, Oric Atmos or TI-99, but back then I yearned to have a prod about on them, try out the BASIC and see what graphics modes there were.

Talking of BASIC, that's something else I miss too - the ability for amateurs to code their computers. I remember beginning to learn at a young age - around the age of ten - and was self-taught. Come secondary school I started learning algebra in maths classes and thought to myself: this is easy, it's just like vriables! I guess you could say I was a proper geek until I discovered fags, cider and Mary Jane.

Comment

Speccy was my fave, but lets hear it for the old Commadore Vic 20 with it's RAM packs!

Mate of mine had an Acorn Electron at the time (like a mini BBC) - endless nights of Repton 2 action!

Comment

Originally posted by gunrock View Post

Then there were the more US-centric big names, like the Apple IIgs and the Atari 800XL, and the Japanese consortium of MSX machines that I used to toy with in Laskys in bexleyheath after school.

Mmmm, Bexleyheath you say. Don't really remember many games shops there, where abouts was it. I always used Silica Systems and Terrys in Sidcup.

P.S. I'm not a stalker

Comment

SC-3000

Comment

omg why no amstrad in the poll? That would be like leaving out the ps3 or 360 in a poll years from now! Infact a lot of people would turn the other way when they seen this thread and not vote at all.

Comment

Originally posted by HHarm View Post
              More options plz!
              I concur; the poll should at least include the CPC and BBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Pilotwings View Post
                omg why no amstrad in the poll?
                *cough* because it was rubbish *splutter

Comment

Working...
                X