No announcement yet.

Snes Wildcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All they need is a cart with a sd card slot in. It cannae be that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
      All they need is a cart with a sd card slot in. It cannae be that hard.
      Well theyve cracked it for the NES with the PowerPak so it shouldnt be much longer.
      And if im not mistaken, its harder for the NES due to all the different mappers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
        There is at least one flash cart for the SNES, but it's not very elegant (comes with no case, requires a bridge so you can use the lockout chip from another cart, limited storage space, and an outdated method of connection for data transfer). I'm hoping one day a flash cart will appear that works just like a usb pen does.
        Its not too bad the card youre refering too actually...
        Im guessing you mean the Tototek Super Flash 64M. Unfortunately its sold out now...

The transfer method is outdated, however it does the job

Comment

Unfortunately it's useless to me for that reason alone - my PC does not have a parallel port (legacy ports are being phased out on new PC motherboards), plus the actual flashing software has no support for Vista. Anyway, I hope that eventually a better solution appears, mainly so I can play some translated games. Playing on an emulator just isn't the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Hohum View Post
            Playing on an emulator just isn't the same.
            There's that nice yaaarr moment of hearing the floppy disk being accessed too.

I bought a Game Doctor 7 a while ago for fan-translated SNES RPGs but I'm considering the possibility of a dedicated emulation PC. The EEE PC looks attractive and has solid-state storage (depending on the model) as well as VGA out. Couple that with a USB Saturn pad and I have a portable emulation station that I can sneakily use on my CRT monitor during lunch at work via VGA or with my LCD DLP screen at home. Much better than fiddling with DSP adapters and ROM conversion/splitting for floppies.

I still long for a SNES cart with an SD slot, though.

Comment

I found this a while back, and kept meaning to see if anyone else has done the same - http://silverfoxy.blogspot.com/searc...20Flash%20(WIP)

Pete

Comment

Working...
              X