World Exclusive Dreamcast game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
    Bernie Stollar was the biggest prick that Sega ever employed. The amount of F*ing dumb F*ck decisions he made was unbelievable.

Yakumo
    Oh Yes .

Speaking of Unreleased games , I would have loved to have seen Water World on the Saturn and Flying Nightmares on the Mega CD as they said to really push the systems

Comment

Slightly OT, but the early version of Fighting Force on Saturn is a bit annoying in that you have to stop dead in order to actually attack. I don't know if the final game was like this (which as we know, was completed on the Saturn... and it's been 10 years since I played the Playstation version), but I can see why Sega didn't bother in the end, if the final game wasn't much better. Still, feels good to play it after reading all those previews in SSM back in the day.

Speaking of unreleased stuff, been playing Shining Force III Scenario 2, using the fan translation patch from the lot over at SFC. Top job, and if they can do it, there's no reason Sega shouldn't have, especially when they wasted so much money on stuff like Courier Crisis and Atlantis which were never going to sell.

Comment

es, this is true. There were two versions of Saturn VF3. Both used the add on cart that would boost the Saturn's polygon pushing power. What to I can't remember now. There was an AOI tech demo shown behind closed doors at one of the game shows that featured AOI dancing on a plain blue background. It was said that the model looked very impressive. This is probably what became Namie Amuro Digital Dance Mix.
        I'm pretty sure that both Nagoshi and Kataoka have said that Saturn VF3 did didn't use any extra hardware or even the 4 Meg Card and this was also the case for Saturn Shenmue

Comment

there are so many rumours about Saturn VF3 but hand on heart you really couldn't expect the Saturn to do anything decent without an add on. Just look at how crap Fighters Megamix is compared to VF3.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
            there's no reason Sega shouldn't have, especially when they wasted so much money on stuff like Courier Crisis and Atlantis which were never going to sell.
            Sega didn't develop those games, one was by GT Interactive the other by some French Studio and Sega just published it.

Comment

^I know, but that's not what I mean. They wasted money publishing those titles when, lets face it, the only people still playing Saturn in 1998 were people more interested in the Japanese-developed titles they were overlooking.
              Last edited by sj33; 10-11-2008, 13:54.

Comment

Courier Crisis was published by BMG Interactive in japan and cost a lot of money! Strange isn't it how the japanese pay loads of money for crap we'd use as a table mat .

yakumo

Comment

Konami were the biggest idiots late in the saturn's UK life. Everyone wanted castlevania and they knew it but they kept saying that they couldn't bring out any new games for saturn anymore because it wasn't a viable platform. so what did they do? The went and released that turd known as WHIZZ for Flair Software! Why? Nobody wanted Whizz. Nobody even knew about it.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                    there are so many rumours about Saturn VF3 but hand on heart you really couldn't expect the Saturn to do anything decent without an add on. Just look at how crap Fighters Megamix is compared to VF3.

Yakumo
                    Yeah , but also on the other hand , I couldn't really see SEGA going ahead with the idea of another costly add on , when early in Teams inside SEGA already knew about and started making plans for the DC.
                    I seem to remember Yu saying that VF 3 would happen on the Saturn , but it would keep the flavour of the Arcade game and not the graphics .

What Fighting Megamix showed me was SEGA's compression routines were getting better and more advanced all the time , so I'm pretty sure most of the VF 3 Moves would have made into the Saturn version if nothing else

Comment

Was System Shock 2 ever near finished code for DC?

Comment

Just added this story to my blog to spread the word a bit - http://casuallyhardcore.net/gamingblog/

As for System Shock 2, i believe it was quite complete, probably on a similar level to Half Life 2. Shame it never did come out though

Comment

You'd think if it was in a near-enough alpha state like HL then it would've been leaked, eventually...

Comment

Originally posted by anephric View Post
                            You'd think if it was in a near-enough alpha state like HL then it would've been leaked, eventually...
                            It depends who has it really. I know of people who have some DC stuff that no one has seen like JSR2, along with stuff like the Scud Race Demo. How long did it take for Sonic Xtreme to get leaked (although only in video and demo forms), something like 10 years. Even the original RE2 hasn't been leaked yet.

Comment

What's JSR2?

Comment

Originally posted by anephric View Post
                                Nice thought but not really true. Dee Dee Planet was complet but still not leaked. Geist Force was pretty much complete too but still behind closed doors I have a promotion Sample cover for Geist Force, that's how complete it was.

yakumo

Comment

Working...
                                X