Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retro Games: Which ones have film potential?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Games: Which ones have film potential?

I was playing Gauntlet yesterday - and imagined what it would be like as a film.

What I'd do is keep the surreal atmosphere. The same quartet of adventurers would enter a seemingly endless multi-level maze - in a quest to destroy the evil Dragon Lord. I'd put some dark humour in it; such as Grunts having stupid conversations, Death being annoyed when you cast a spell on him etc...

I'd make it colourful, full of magical effects, and likeable actors.

I hear that Castlevania the film is being made at the moment. I have my fingers firmly crossed that it turns out to be great.

Which retro games do you think could do well as films?

Ben Affleck is... Dig Dug.

Centipede would be cool - very War of the Worlds in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
      Ben Affleck is... Dig Dug.

Rated 18. The most surreal - horrific film ever made.

Comment

castlevania would make a terrific film, if they did it properly. So, no, it's not going to make a terrific film.

Comment

Metal Slug, awesome, maybe ooh I dunno stallone and arnie together.

Comment

surely the universe would collapse if that ever happened. especially if Arnie lamped out another camel.

Comment

Horrace goes Skiing, CGI animation film.

Comment

Space Invaders - A Franco-Iranian nihilistic black and white production pondering the futility of existence living behind a crumbling shield.

Comment

Contra - Clearly that has all the makings of a cheesy late 80's/early 90's action fest.
                  I'd insist on cheap wannabe actors with little to no acting talent like John Cena/The Rock/Bill Goldberg/Vin Diesel all who look tough to play the 2 protaganists & it just be 2 hours of stuff blowing up & lots of blood & Guts prefect popcorn/no brain fodder

Shinobi - Calssic 90's Martial arts fair in the same vein as Iron Monkey would be perfect

Those 2 off the top of my head, reckon there could be millions more though...will have a think later

Neil

Comment

They could do a pacman style game based on the true story of that fat girl who was charged for staying too long in a Kentucky Fried Chicken car park a few months ago.

Comment

Dragon's Lair featuring Bruce Campbell

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                        castlevania would make a terrific film, if they did it properly. So, no, it's not going to make a terrific film.
                        I think they were actually making a castlevania movie..

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castlevania#Film )

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                          Contra - Clearly that has all the makings of a cheesy late 80's/early 90's action fest.
                          I'd insist on cheap wannabe actors with little to no acting talent like John Cena/The Rock/Bill Goldberg/Vin Diesel all who look tough to play the 2 protaganists & it just be 2 hours of stuff blowing up & lots of blood & Guts prefect popcorn/no brain fodder
                          Neil
                          I could see Contra being some form of Rambo clone of a movie

Comment

Shinobi, and I don't mean those Michael Dudikoff ninja movies .....

Comment

Originally posted by teenagewasteland View Post
                              I could see Contra being some form of Rambo clone of a movie
                              BLATES!!1

Comment

Working...
                              X