No announcement yet.

Master System Recommendation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to add that for some reason, I find the Master System version of Action Fighter strangely appealing. It's basically a Spy Hunter clone that turns into a vertically scrolling shmup (slightly similar to Xevious or TwinBee) halfway through each stage.

Noone else seems to like it very much though, if they've even heard of it. But I would say it's one of the better shmups I've played on the MS. Mainly because it's quite hard.

Comment

If I remember right Action Fighter had a great tune. It was pretty cool bombing stuff through the clouds too. I remember getting back then and it had weird cheats by putting in words followed by a full stop I think?

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
        this is the greatest story ever told.
        Too true - a great story. What a cunning little scamp!

Comment

Safari Hunt > Duck Hunt

Comment

Originally posted by elektronhjarnan View Post
            LCD shutters. The LCD screen in front of each eye is darkened every other frame. Considering the low refresh rate on an SDTV (especially a PAL one), I imagine it would be a rather flickery experience, but I haven't actually had the opportunity to try them.

I do have a couple of games that support them though. I actually played through Blade Eagle 3-D without the glasses. There was some flicker and confusion but it did work.
            I have some but haven't used them for years. IIRC if you use them on a Megadrive at 60hz using a master base converter, the effect is much improved

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
              Safari Hunt > Duck Hunt
              Shooting Gallery > Safari Hunt

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                The Computer Shop used to be in Eldon Square?

Aye ,that's the one,it's where i also used to get a brand new master system game,each couple of weeks,through more sneaky tactics

Basically i used to open the cart,cut a few legs on the IC chip,take it back and say it had stopped working,brilliant,until game number 4,out came a member of staff with a screw driver,did i run for it or stay and face the music,i stayed and blamed the damage on "my brother must have done it" excuse.

Good times eh.
                Last edited by dosucol; 24-11-2008, 13:02.

Comment

You right old rascal. That was a proper games shop that one. It had a red neon sign outside if I remember right, loads better than Game which popped up later on.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    You right old rascal. That was a proper games shop that one. It had a red neon sign outside if I remember right, loads better than Game which popped up later on.
                    Aye,it was a good place,they used to have a glass cabinet,with all the consoles and computers inside,and i remember seeing a little sign in it,saying something about the new sega mega drive(this was before i started buying computer mags,and well before seeing a preview of the jap one in C+VG mag).

So asking the staff,as a kid does,"what's the sega mega drive"well,it's a new 16 bit console,"oh right,completely confusing the hell out of me,8 bit 16 bit ????

And that shop across from it started as electronique boutique,than changed over to game,if i recall correctly.

There's also another time when my dad was getting ready to pay for another game for me,and the staff there ,asked him if he would mind putting out his tab,and he replied,would you mind not taking my cash!

Complete git,and he still is now,and 16 years later,i haven't missed not speaking to the bloke!

(there's a story about how i set his flat on fire ,and another time 7 year old me ,a gas metre in a cupboard in our house ,lots of newspapers and some matches ,....but i'll leave it at that for now) fraser, also nick named mocksy.
                    Last edited by dosucol; 24-11-2008, 13:54.

Comment

Working...
                    X