Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Retro) What have you been playing this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently ****ting myself playing Alien Trilogy on ps1. This is actually much better than I remember, although back in the day I think I was too scared to play very far or take any of it in

Comment

I remember Alien Trilogy being as hard as freakin' nails. Don't think I could go back to some of those early PSX releases. Would be interested however to see how Alien Resurrection has aged as I recall that coming out towards the end of the Playstations life and getting some pretty good reviews.

Made it to the Pro circuits on Ridge Racer PSP. Need to improve my drifting skills at this level as I can barely make it into the top three.

Hit a bit of a wall with Ristar. Up to the level where you have to use a little ristar figure to set off these traps and I'm struggling a bit.

Comment

Played Locoroco 2 last night. What an absolute joy it is to play! such a simply concept complemented by some lovely up beat music and nice, colourful graphics. Looking forward to getting through a few more levels later tonight.

Comment

I've had Locoroco 1 lying around for a long time now. I'm saving it for summer. Back in summer 2006 I was having a terrible time, working a ****ty job and stuff. I wished I had the money to get a PSP and Locoroco, which looked like such a fun, summery game. Got it a few years later, but it just ended up in my stack of about 20 PSP games I've never even played. This summer, though

Comment

Got Super Mario RPG on the SNES today, never played it before and have put about 3 hours in so far. It's great simple RPG fun.

Comment

Been playing King of Fighters '99 Evolution this week, so much so that I wrote about it on my blog (http://dreamcastgaga.blogspot.jp/). I think that it might actually be my favourite of the King of Fighters. I know most people prefer 98 or 2002, but I love the darker tone of 99 game;the characters, stages, music and new concepts like striker system and counter/armor modes add a bit of freshness to the gameplay. Definitely one of my favourite 2D fighters just behind Zero 3, CvS2 & Garou.

Comment

'99 is my personal favourite too. I love how they turned the system around after perfecting things with '98.

I never argue when anyone claims '98 to be the best though, it probably is. 2002 is ****ing dire however, the only AES cart I've bought on launch and I ended up not happy with it. '98 gets far more play in the arcades here, in fact; both sets of cabs are next to each other, and comparing both games from a visual perspective is a joke (I know that's very shallow, but I never got on with the gameplay in 2002 either - why did they remove the Strikers???).

Comment

Originally posted by Matt~ View Post
                  Currently ****ting myself playing Alien Trilogy on ps1. This is actually much better than I remember, although back in the day I think I was too scared to play very far or take any of it in
                  I really liked the game too. Surprisingly decent atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
                    I've had Locoroco 1 lying around for a long time now. I'm saving it for summer. Back in summer 2006 I was having a terrible time, working a ****ty job and stuff. I wished I had the money to get a PSP and Locoroco, which looked like such a fun, summery game. Got it a few years later, but it just ended up in my stack of about 20 PSP games I've never even played. This summer, though
                    Get it played!

They should be giving out copies of Locoroco on the NHS for depression.

Comment

Got a bit of time on the Saturn last night. Started with a quick blast on Manx TT, which was good, but I found the controls a bit twitchy, even when I switched to the analogue pad.

Next up was Sexy Parodius. I'm not the biggest fan of horizontal shmups but I do love a bit of Japanese wackiness. Unfortunately, I just couldn't get much fun out of this as I was dying left right and centre.

Lastly I played Samurai Showdown III - my first experience with the series. Got my ass handed to me initially before slowly working out some strategies. Slow and careful seemed to be the best way to play. A very tense and tactical fighter, kinda reminded me of Bushido Blade. Lovely traditional Japanese music and sound effects.

Comment

Manx TT is one of the few racers that I really have to play using the external camera. It's barely playable using internal camera.

It does benefit massively from using the analogue controller too, though it takes a while to really get used to how take corners well with the bikes.

Comment

More Locoroco 2. Think I'm nearing the end. What a fun journey it has been!

Also beat another pro tour on Ridge Racer but the lack of courses is really starting to show as I'm already fairly familiar with the tracks going backwards.

Comment

So I thought I had beaten Locoroco 2 only for it to roll me back to the first level Ghosts n' Ghouls style, for the proper tough playthrough.

Challenge accepted Locoroco... Challenge accepted.

Comment

Ikaruga, Zero Gunner 2, Raiden 3, Dodonpachi Daioujou, Thunder Force VI, BMBangaio, Border Down

Comment

Finally 'finished' Xbox Morrowind TESIII GOTYE this week. Been playing it it long widely separated chunks since late 2008 and yesterday completed the second and final expansion pack area Tribunal.

Great game, 500+ hours and the only real gripe I've had is the irregular game crashes that started once the save file reached a certain size.

Comment

Working...
                                X