Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your oldest piece of gaming hardware and software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have our first family game machine. A crappy Grandstand TV Game 6000 from 1980. It has 10 pong variation games on it, had 3 colours (green, blue and yellow), two floppy joysticks and sound that came out of the machine itself.

The oldest game I have is Manic Miner. I found some old faves in my loft. Such as Firebird's 1.99 Ninja Master and Gauntlet for CBM64 in the double size cassette case.

Comment

Originally posted by BaudAttitude View Post
      Pardon the fuzziness, but this represents the state-of-the-art in 1998 digital camera technology. I'm too lazy to drag it all out for a new photo.
      Nice work heh... you'll then love this picture of mine then and the possible imminent release of Gamebase20 (also by me) archiving everything Vic20 possible
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by BaudAttitude View Post
        Pardon the fuzziness, but this represents the state-of-the-art in 1998 digital camera technology. I'm too lazy to drag it all out for a new photo.
        I do wonder why anyone bothered with digital back then. Even disposible 35mm cameras knocked out infinitely better quality. Still, I'm a bit behind when it comes to that kind of thing, maybe that's why I love retro gaming so much. I still use a 35mm SLR and have no intention of 'upgrading' (a couple of hours battery life in an SLR? Sheesh) to digital.

Comment

oldest software - Star Wars : Rogue Squadron for the Nintendo GC.
          oldest hardware - erm Xbox 360....lol.

I = rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
            Nice work heh... you'll then love this picture of mine then and the possible imminent release of Gamebase20 (also by me) archiving everything Vic20 possible
            I remember seeing that once before, and it's just as mind boggling this time. There's a definite cliff when you're collecting Vic stuff, where you hit the point where you've gotten everything you can easily get and you're on to trying to track down stuff that's genuinely scarce... and then you realize that the "genuinely scarce" stuff represents the majority of the system's titles and you decide to be happy with what you have.

You seem to have hit that cliff and gone right up it.

Comment

ZX 80 & 81 up on the loft with a speccy 48 with rubber keyboard and an Oric Atmos , if my mum aint thrown them out, which i don't think she would. I'll check while i'm back, haha.

I also think i've got an old wooden Atari 2600 somewhere as well.

Stuff i had and wished i'd never got rid of were my Vectrex, Videopac and my intellivision console.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                Gauntlet for CBM64 in the double size cassette case.
                ROFL, i remember that in the big double sized case. Me and my mate used to play two player when it was released, haha. It was the best game ever at the time

Comment

Working...
                X