Resident Evil 2 [Feb]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesy View Post
    Does that include every herb and ammo? Defintely left a good few herbs lying around due to space restrictions. Also left the SMG for Claire which I've got stored away for a special occasion. Is it possible to get the shotgun with Claire because the bow gun isn't very satisfying.
    Off the top of my head it doesn't include herbs and ammo.

Don't think you can give the shotty either...

Comment

No, the only items that can carry over are the Sub Machine Gun and pack that gives you 2 extra inventory spaces. Take these in scenario A and they are missing from Scenario B.

Another cool little feature is if you activate the Anti-B.O.W. gas in the laboratory at the end of the game in scenario A then the

tryphids become poisonous

on scenario B.

Comment

I found Claire more easier than Leon to play especially since she could carry more. never got around to completing it though but from the screenshots between PS1 and N64 the Nintendo version was slightly more brighter in quality. Good game still though.

Comment

Is this the most popular replay discussion thread so far?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            It might be! I love RE2 though and would talk about it with anyone.

in particular in scenario B when Mr X is stalking you - near the end of the game you can see him coming towards you in the monitors - class stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsThere View Post
              It might be! I love RE2 though and would talk about it with anyone.

in particular in scenario B when Mr X is stalking you - near the end of the game you can see him coming towards you in the monitors - class stuff.
              better yet (Mr X related spoilr)

He actually punches the camera and you **** yourself when you realise this is happening RIGHT behind you round the corner

Comment

Oh I meant to say, the Gamestation in Aberdeen has Resident evil 2 on Gamecube (PAL obv) For a tenner (RE0,1,3 also at same price)
                I'm going in tomorrow if anyone would like me to pick it up for them?

Comment

Originally posted by DryRice View Post
                  I found Claire more easier than Leon to play especially since she could carry more. never got around to completing it though but from the screenshots between PS1 and N64 the Nintendo version was slightly more brighter in quality. Good game still though.
                  N64 version was hi-res aswell as long as there wasnt too many zombies onscreen, then it went down. I'm playing the Gamecube version though so its always got the higher resolution. Bonus!

Just off now to tackle some more of the second scenario. Should be out of the police station section soon as long as it follows the first disc layout roughly.

Comment

looks like it, although a number of posts were on about dino crisis too haha. Which probably would have been the better choice as less people have played it after all

Comment

Im waiting for part 3 of that retrospective

Comment

Yeah Charlie Bear!

Its all down to choosing a game EVERY likes! lol............ Something that appeals to the mass and not a select few who make teh most noise It also helps cos the sequel is due, and this game has been ported so many times that more or less everyone knows and have played it at some point in their gaming 'career'

Ive been watching the Retrospective and ive learnt a few things...........

Im pretty sute the shotgun can be had by Claire.......

I remember when i first encountered teh Allergator, i lost a **** load of ammo and health! Had to read a guide to find the gas cannister was a friend

The dead hunter that was found in the lab towards the end of the game is in my DC version, im guessing it wasnt in the psx one.

Comment

Like almost all of the Re:Play games I can't take part in most of them due to time or other games taking up what little time I have.

However Resident Evil 2 is one of my favourite games and without question one of my most played to completion over and over again.

It?s a combination of ideas that make me enjoy replaying the game after all these years. The character story is slightly cheesy but as it?s so simple and conveyed in little reasoning other than terror, you do care for their well being. Also, being there are so few characters that inhabit the world, their loneliness only maximises the atmosphere the game is already so good at infecting Racoon City with.

The game is all about atmosphere and combined with the simple yet fun shooting mechanics, characters you understand and care about and aged but still detailed graphics and sound it?s still a pleasure to play and complete over 10 years after its release.

Comment

Part 3 of the Game Trailers retrospective is up now.

Comment

^Yeah it's very good I reckon, although I always get annoyed at how everyone seems to forget that the 'enhanced PS2 version' came out on the Dreamcast in Japan also (and the PS2 version had that nasty motion blur that they used in Dino Crisis 2).

That aside, I thought they covered Code Veronica and Zero extremely well. Looks like it's Dead Aim and Outbreak next time, which is slightly less interesting (although certain parts of Outbreak: File 2 are as near as we've ever got to a RE2 Remake).

Comment

I thought it wasn't a bad installment at all, seemed somewhat longer than the two before or maybe it was just me.

Comment

Working...
                                X