Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
    Try Wario's woods and Mario & Wario on the snes
    Also forgot to mention my favourate puzzle game of all time!!! Don't Pull by Capcom

It was in the Arcades on one machine with 2 other excellent games - Midnight Wanderers & Quest for Chariot. The 3 games together were known as 'Three Wonders'

You can get it on the PS1 and Saturn in Japan I think.
    It's also on one of the Capcom collection games for the PS2 and PSP.

Comment

All DS

Picross
      on the DS is excellent and will keep you absorbed for hours.

Also I can't believe no one has mentioned Professor Layton on the DS. Its possibly the best puzzler out there atm

Meteos is universally acclaimed but i didn't like it tbh

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of Warlords
      i will mention as it is good but the AI can be incredibly frustrating as it cheats. You have been warned

Peggle Touch (dual shot)

Neves is very good imo, at least i found it a good game.

New York Times Crosswords
      is pretty good as well if you like that sort of thing

Comment

Thanks for the ideas guys

Will keep my eye's peeled for the 3 Wonders that sounds quite interesting.

Just got myself a copy of Pottoipo Herbeke from the good Mr Kats which I'm quite interested in playing looks like a random retake on the whole Puyo Puyo style of game.

Scouring Ebay at the moment to see if I can find a cheap version of the Japanese Gamecube puzzle collection:

Nintendo Puzzle Collection for GameCube3 addictive puzzle classics on one discYoshi's CookiePanel de Pon (Pokemon Puzzle League)Gamecube to GBA Link Mode (comes with a Game Cube to GBA Link Cable)Nintendo Puzzle Collection contains a compilation of 3 classical and addictive puzzle games: Dr. Mario, Yoshi's Cookie and Panel de Pon. Living up to present hardware standards, all three games have technically been enhanced, featuring updated graphics and sound compared to the original versions. Of course as it's typical for most Nintendo games, up to 4 players can battle simultaneously.Included with this nice box set is a free Gamecube™ to Gameboy ...

Dr Mario, Panel De Pon & Yoshi's cookie will be fine for me as well

Also not sure if it makes a difference but the puzzle games need to be good 2 player as that's mostly how they will be played

Thanks again chaps.

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
          Pottoipo Herbeke
          Heheh, 'Hebereke's Poppoito'

Bomberman Fight is IMO an excellent version on the Saturn with much more variation.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinebi View Post
            Heheh, 'Hebereke's Poppoito'

Bomberman Fight is IMO an excellent version on the Saturn with much more variation.
            You know what I mean

Comment

Mr DRILLER
              Devil Dice
              Kula World

on PS1

Comment

Another vote for Krusty's Super Fun house.

It's a great game once you get past the easy starter levels, some of the last levels took me aaaggeees to figure out. Cheap and easy to get hold of too if you buy the MD version.

Comment

Two of my fave puzzles are on the GBA which you can play on your DS

Denki Blocks
                  Chu Chu Rocket

They are utterly fantastic

Comment

Another vote for Picross on the DS...i usually hate Puzzler's but it's annoyingly addictive. There's also Rittai Picross, which has just been released in Japan i believe, which is Picross in 3D!

Comment

Originally posted by xist View Post
                      Another vote for Picross on the DS...i usually hate Puzzler's but it's annoyingly addictive. There's also Rittai Picross, which has just been released in Japan i believe, which is Picross in 3D!
                      Mario Picross on the Super Famicom is excellent and I have just started playing a game (I got for Christmas!) called Colour Cross which is similar and nearly as addictive!

Comment

Twinkle Star Sprites has a saturn release, awesome game! Puzzl-esque shmup. Check it out

Comment

Baku Baku - Sega Saturn enough said !

Comment

Hacolife. Stupidily addictive.

Comment

There's a game for the SuperFamicom called 'Tetris2' ... It also has a game called 'Bombliss' on the cart... which is an explosive version of Tetris. In multiplayer - it's probably my favourite puzzler ever. Trust me - it's awesome.

Comment

Magical Drop is absolutely fantastic. It was released on most formats in the 1990's, although the only versions to be released outside of Japan as far as I'm aware are Magical Drop 3 on the PS1; the GBC version and the NGPC version.

Comment

Working...
                                X