Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gameboy Advance SP Backlit?!

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me if the Backlit version of the Gameboy Advance SP was released in the UK / Europe or just the USA?
    If it was then can someone please tell me where I could get one?
    Is there is a way to tell the difference b looking at the box? does it say if it's the new backlit version, Or does it not state this?

If anyone has a backlit one that they would be willing to sell please let me know! :-)

Cheers

Originally posted by yesteryeargames View Post
    Hi,
    Can anyone tell me if the Backlit version of the Gameboy Advance SP was released in the UK / Europe or just the USA?
    Is there is a way to tell the difference b looking at the box? does it say if it's the new backlit version, Or does it not state this?

If anyone has a backlit one that they would be willing to sell please let me know! :-)

Cheers
    The box has it clearly shown:

I don't think these came to the UK.

Edit: From wiki:

In addition, the backlit SP model can be recognized by the AGS-101 model designation on the bottom of the unit

Comment

edit: me and capcom_suicide did the same thing at the same time.

It didn't get a release in Britain/Europe.

Here's what the box looks like:

Note it says "BRIGHTER" ... that's what it's known as.

I bought a secondhand one last year from the USA for £38 including postage. It's the black( known as Charcoal) version - and it's fantastic. The screen is bright, clear, and the colours perfect( I don't think the reds are oversaturated like some people say ) Looks like a DS screen; maybe a bit better.

As far as I know the only colours the model comes in are: Pink, Blue, Silver, Black/Charcoal. That's what I saw when I was looking. The black one is the one I wanted - so I'm happy.

It was hard to find a new one, so I hope it's easier for you.
      Last edited by Leon Retro; 15-03-2009, 16:07.

Comment

Thanks for your replies guys!
        I remember reading that nintendo said it was going to release this new version in Europe and that all sp's from then on would include the back light?! and thought they had but had just not bothered to stste it on the boxes like they did in the us?

P.S. Would a UK gba sp charger work on one of these US sp's?

Comment

P.S. Would a UK gba sp charger work on one of these US sp's?
          Yes it will.

Comment

Hi,

Cheers
            if you really are intrested in buying one, i have a brand new charcoal black one, however id be wanting ?45 for it...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
              if you really are intrested in buying one, i have a brand new charcoal black one, however id be wanting ?45 for it...
              This was asked here before and I'm sure they did get released in the UK rather late in life, after the DS was released. One Gamestation staff said they got some in a delivery and took mobile phone pictures to prove it.

Comment

Well if anyone on this forum has a UK / European Backlit SP (or knows someone with one!) Please can they show us a picture as proof?

Comment

the backlit never came out in the UK you have to import one, good luck finding one though.

Comment

Bumping this.. just wanted to know if it came out in Japan? Can't find anything on it, so I assume it didn't.

Comment

I've got one now although it's a US one I think and not a UK or Jap.
                      Excellent screen clarity and brightness, So much better than the old sp and much more comfortable than the gb micro.

I would also be very interested to know which parts of the world it was released in.

Comment

I've got one now although it's a US one I think and not a UK or Jap.
                        Excellent screen clarity and brightness, So much better than the old sp and much more comfortable than the gb micro.

I would also be very interested to know which parts of the world it was released in.
                        if its the one i sold you its an Asian model. US/CAN and Asian release only afaik, no Japan version.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                          if its the one i sold you its an Asian model. US/CAN and Asian release only afaik, no Japan version.
                          Yeah it's the one you sold me mate

I asked some people I know and one guy said he has 2 GBA SP's and one has a much brighter screen, However when I asked him to bring it to show me he said it's in the attick somewhere so he would have a look... Hmmm

I think they difinitly did not have a UK release sadly.

Comment

Working...
                          X