Power supply for US SNES?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power supply for US SNES?

I have heard that a UK PAL Sega Megadrive power pack will work safely with a US SNES or Jap Super Famicom? What about a SNES Mini or Super Famicom Jr?

If true how is this possible as I thought they needed different Voltage?

Can anyone confirm this please?

If this is correct, Is is the Megadrive 1 or 2 power pack that works?

Thanks!

I can't answer your question about the SNES mini or Super Famicom Jr, but a UK MD1 power supply definitely works with a US SNES - I have one hooked up that way. You need to make an adapter so that the plug fits:

That link confirms it works with a Super Famicom, too.

Comment

So the megadrive 1 Power supply won't just fit a US SNES without modifying it first?
      Last edited by yesteryeargames; 16-03-2009, 21:41.

Comment

The US SNES Power Adapter end bit you plug in is slightly larger.
        I found one of the correct ends at Maplins that fits into one of those multi-voltage adapters. If you want, ill try find mine and get a photo for you later tonight.

EDIT: I dont really need to, I have exactly the same one as mmmonkey in the photo. Its the one with the blue tip

Comment

Yep, you need an adapter. This is how I power my US SNES too, via an MD transformer!
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Have a boxed factory SNES PSU for NTSC snes with a UK plug if you're interested. Basically unused. Heavy beast, so would want ?8 all in. PM me if you'd like it

Comment

My MD PSU powers my Super Famicom, too.

And my Virtual Boy, for that matter!

Comment

Working...
              X