Very strange image in Border Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very strange image in Border Down

I was capturing some video footage of Border Down for my site today when I noticed a 1 frame image appear during the introductions. Take a look!

OK, the intro runs fine up until this frame pictured below, ends.

Next the following image is displayed for 1 frame only!

The following frame continues the introduction as normal.

At first I was thinking that the 1 frame image was left in memory from a part of the intro shown before but it's not since that image isn't even used. Where did it come ? Why does it suddenly appear then disappear? And is this image used elsewhere in the game?

Yakumo

It's not April 1st, is it?

That's genuinely odd. I can't think of anywhere else that that graphical style appears in BD, let alone the image. I haven't quite made it right to the end, though, so maybe it's some kind of post-apocalyptic preview of the finale?

Comment

I was thinking that it's shown during the ending but it's been so long since I finished the game I can't remember. But even if it is shown at the end of the game why does it appear during the intro?

I'll be putting the flash video up on my site tomorrow so everyone is free to keep an eye open for it.

Yakumo

Comment

well if it was clearly visible i would just assume it was put in there intentionally for dramatic purposes or something

Comment

Not unusual when editing compressed video codes for remnants of an adjacent frame in the cut to remain.

Comment

Originally posted by Profit View Post
            Not unusual when editing compressed video codes for remnants of an adjacent frame in the cut to remain.
            True but I haven't edited anything in the last week or so that would come close to the image above and I use this software every day almost. The captured video was MPEG2 VBR up to 14mbps. But I don't think this matters because I noticed the image while viewing the Dreamcast playing the game. It wasn't until I checked the capture could I see what it was.

Yakumo

Comment

It's also in this video at 0:49:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRHxBKMn3T8

So I guess that rules out anything strange happening with my video editing software.

Yakumo

Comment

Very interesting, never saw that.. weird.

Comment

Umm... I'd assume they put it in for the same reason they put in the image of two hands and a plant, whatever that may be.

Comment

Seen it before, probably was subliminal. (he says, as a passing comment)

Comment

Working...
                    X