Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to compile a CD of Amiga music...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to compile a CD of Amiga music...

Hey people. Inspired by the Amiga feature in the latest issue of Retro Gamer, I'm going to compile an album of some of the Amiga's best music and I was hoping for some input. So far I have decided to include:

Lotus 2 intro
    Dune intro
    Captain Planet intro

I'm thinking I should put an Allister Brimble track in there but I'm not sure which one. Any suggestions?

Xenon 2 - Mega Blast!
    Last Ninja 1 2 3
    Hammerfist
    Wrestlemania intro

If you find the Wrestlemania intro in mp3 format please let me know cos i have been looking for that for ages!

Comment

Shadow of the Beast
      LaserSquad

I used to love ripping music out of Amiga games and demos. I had **** loads on my A590 20Mb HDD
      I had tapes of some good stuff from the demo and tracker scene but don't know if I can find it now.

Comment

Don't miss the Turrican 2 theme. And that tune that samples "D-Lite" on Amazing Tunes 2!

Comment

Harlequin has amazing music. The title screen from Gods. Was that a licensed track? Never really knew. Pinball Dreams and Fantasies, too. Awesome sounds.

Man, videogame music was so much better and more memorable when it was more limited.

Comment

I remember the first time I heard this I thought music in computer games would never get better.

GREMLIN - Magnetic Fields logo for Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge (Amiga 500)

Comment

I have bought the Immortal CD a few years ago, they are really nice, for more check:
              Official homepage of the 'Immortal' project - Amiga game music arranged for CD with the original artists involved.

But these should be on for sure:
              Turrican2
              Shadow of the Beast
              Z-Out: Intro
              Ghouls 'n Ghost: intro
              LedStorm: in game music
              ProjectX: intro
              Supercars2

and more I can think of now...

Comment

The No Second Prize music is quite impressive.

Comment

A few unmentioned favourites off the top of my head:

Uridium 2
                  Astaroth
                  Silkworm

For Brimble go for Alien Breed

Comment

It came from the desert.

Comment

Look for the music for a game called 'Onslaught' ... The main in-game track is fantastic.

Comment

Tim Follin did some cracking Amiga game soundtracks, i think it was Gouls and Ghosts, fanstastic music.

others are, Hiemdal & First Samurai, also Zenon Megablast was good too.

Comment

Pinball dreams

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                            Look for the music for a game called 'Onslaught' ... The main in-game track is fantastic.

I remember getting that with my Amiga. It looked amazing and, like you said, the music was great. It was also a scrolling fighter/shooter which was just my sort of thing. However i just remember being so dissapointed with it. It was way too hard for me and just a bit boring.

Comment

Working...
                            X