No announcement yet.

Cool arcade discoveries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The basement in Hamley's used to be very good (for Sega stuff anyway). Anyone been recently?

Comment

Alton Towers - I played initial D in one of those awesome Sega sit down simulator cabs. I've never seen one with a FZero, which is what I really want to play.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
        I've been past the Omega Sektor and I think I spotted some arcade games inside but haven't ventured inside yet.

Both Omega Sektors are closed as the company went into administration.

No suprises there - doomed even before opening.

Comment

The seafront at Barry Island (of Gavin & Stacey fame) has got few alright arcades. One of them has got Killer Instinct, Tekken 2, Wonderboy in Monsterland, Beast Busters and Outrun. The pick of the 'cades thought had a plethora of genuine Japanese import machines. I saw Initial D, F-Zero AX, Time Crisis 3 and, wait for it, Planet Harriers....in Wales....crazy

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
            Alton Towers - I played initial D in one of those awesome Sega sit down simulator cabs. I've never seen one with a FZero, which is what I really want to play.
            Has that F-Zero AX disappeared from the Trocadero?

Comment

Originally posted by Arashikage View Post
              The seafront at Barry Island (of Gavin & Stacey fame) has got few alright arcades. One of them has got Killer Instinct, Tekken 2, Wonderboy in Monsterland, Beast Busters and Outrun. The pick of the 'cades thought had a plethora of genuine Japanese import machines. I saw Initial D, F-Zero AX, Time Crisis 3 and, wait for it, Planet Harriers....in Wales....crazy
              Are they all there now? I remember going there specifically to play a Japanese Outrun 2 they had. Spent ?30 on it that day!

Also had a sit down Star Wars Arcade (wireframe). Shame the fairground and everything around it has been made crap. Hyper Value everywhere!!

Comment

last time i was in manchester sally's aracde in picadilly gardens had, virtua striker, tekken5 and street fighter 3 third strike. the cabs were battered and third stike p2 set needed to be hammered to work. but they did work.
                having said that there is now gamerbase downstairs in hmv. loads of pc and current gen to use and play with in a competitive and communal setting, but it's not the same as bashing a cab.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
                  Has that F-Zero AX disappeared from the Trocadero?
                  We probably nicked it at Walton Pier.

We've done that with a couple of the Trocadero's machines apparently!

Comment

Ah, I miss the days of running to the top floor in Debenhams in Harrow-on-the-Hill, where they used to have a Segaland or whatever it was called.

Also the Sega amusement centre in Oriental City (formerly the Yaohan centre), decent little place, first got to play Neo Geo there in the early '90s.

Comment

Is the SEGA arcade still in Bournemouth?

Comment

the trafford center in manchester had a decent arcade last time i went (about 2 years ago)

Comment

The Bowling alley at the Brighton Marina is always quite well stocked. Nothing particularly retro but they did have a hydrolic Afterburner 3 machine and some massive and totally crazy Sega football card game. Add to this the usual Virtua Cop, Time Crisis and Outrun games and it's not bad at all.

Comment

I recently found an Aliens cab and a Chequered Flag cab on a holiday camp near me.

Has anyone been to the retro arcade in Devon (the Arcade Barn)?

Comment

My Kitchen...... total Carnage cab

Comment

Originally posted by jase38
                                Has anyone been to the retro arcade in Devon (the Arcade Barn)?
                                I really should, being so close, but I haven't yet. its under renovation at present I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X