Ninja Cop GBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Cop GBA

Trying to get hold of a copy of this rare gba gem and have a few questions.
    Was this released in Japan? Cant find anything to say it was?
    I understand the US release was called Ninja 5-0 and the euro version Ninja Cop, are both versions heavily pirated? Or just one? As cart only jobs pop up on ebay from time to time, usually i wouldnt touch them with bargepole however seems stupidly hard to get hold off a genuine copy at a reasonoble price.
    Would like to hear from anyone who's played it too cheers!

I don't think there was a Japanese release, oddly.

It's a fantastic game, though. I'm going to have to dig out my copy now. I'd imagine it'd look great on the DS Lite.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesS View Post
      I don't think there was a Japanese release, oddly.

It's a fantastic game, though. I'm going to have to dig out my copy now. I'd imagine it'd look great on the DS Lite.
      it is odd theres no Japanese release for a game developed by Hudson soft and published by Konami. Is your copy a gen James?

Comment

I have a copy and it is a great game. With GBA games it's usually the American version that gets widely pirated, so it's usually best to go with a European version. Although for this game I couldn't get a UK copy for cheap so risked getting a US copy from eBay which looked genuine.

I think my copy was cart-only, but from the pictures and the sellers past sales etc. it didn't look like pirate. I was probably a bit lucky though and my copy is definitely genuine. If you do get a pirate you should be covered by eBay.

Comment

Basically any EU Ninja Cop game with a US rating logo is a 100% fake. Those are easy to spot at least.

Would offer you mine that I've been meaning to sell but it's still sealed so I'd be after a higher price on ebay US. It's not one of my favourite GBA games really.
          Last edited by mezzanine; 13-04-2009, 10:09.

Comment

Yeah, i was watching an EU cart only version until i spotted the US age rating on it. Attention to detail ftl!

Comment

^There's one guy who seems to keep selling 'cart only' copies of this on t'bay, obviously pirates.

Having said that, I'm still curious, just to see what all the fuss is about...

Comment

In that situation I'd feel less bad to get the rom and try it rather than give any money to a pirate.

Comment

It's such an awesome game. It's like the final evolution of the Shinobi/Ninja platformer genre.

I borrowed mine to a mate years ago and he refused to give it back. It was that good! Bought it for ?7.99 in GAME. Didn't know what it was, just that it looked ****ING A! best impulse purchase ever.

Comment

Same for me, Saw it on the shelf, the title, the artwork just looked outdated and a bit crap. Looked the publisher and I knew it would be good. Best blind purchase ever.

Only now years later is it getting the recongintion which is a shame.

Comment

I have been playing this recently and its great. I had never heard of it before, seems to one of the GBA hidden gems.

Comment

I sold nearly all my GBA collection a while back besides the castlevania's, metroid's... and this game....

I just couldn't part with it, Its utterly fantastic IMO.

Comment

This was released in Japan also as Ninja Cop with the same box art as the euro version.

I have seen it on ebay once or twice.

Comment

So i won a cart only Ninja cop for £1.99, pretty sure its a boot, cant say for sure as i havnt got it yet, if it is what to expect? Is it going to work properly? Or fall to bits or something? Ive seen bootleg gb carts from the 80s still going strong.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                              So i won a cart only Ninja cop for ?1.99, pretty sure its a boot, cant say for sure as i havnt got it yet, if it is what to expect? Is it going to work properly? Or fall to bits or something? Ive seen bootleg gb carts from the 80s still going strong.
                              Assuming it's this one, then it's definitely a pirate. It'll probably run fine, but I think pirate carts often have problems with saving.

Comment

Working...
                              X