Wolfteam and Telenet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wolfteam and Telenet

There's been quite a bit of talk of Wolfteam games in the buys thread so I thought you may like to see my very first site I built back in 2003 before SegagagaDomain.com The site is dedicated to Telenet games. Telenet for those who don't know were the company that Wolfteam belonged to. Think of them as a Sega with Wolfteam being the AM2 of Telenet. Other labels you may know from Telenet are Riot, Lazer Soft, Renovation and of course Telenet's own label.

This site isn't the best design and probably full of errors and worst of all it's hosted on Geo Cities so I have no idea how long it will hold up to many visitors. Oh, and I haven't touched it since 2003. Maybe I should continue working on the site?

Yakumo

Ummm, looks like it's already gone Yakumo

Comment

Works for me , had to switch that blimming tune off though it was doing me head in !

Comment

I loved Telenets games, they created a lot of crap but had some classics as well, Valis series and Gaiares being some of my favourites, shame that as a company they never really adapted to the next gen after 16-bit, was pretty much the beginning of the end once they sunk to hentai games and sold their remaining share of the Tales series to Namco.

There was a nice retrospective here shortly after Telenet finally closed down.
        Wonder who owns their IP's now, probably another fooking Pachinko company

Comment

nice one Yakumo....

Comment

I keep getting the 'Sorry, Service Temporarily Unavailable' crap.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
              I keep getting the 'Sorry, Service Temporarily Unavailable' crap.
              that's because Geo Cities is ****e. Maybe I will move the whole site on to my own server? At least then it will always be online.

Yakumo

Comment

Cool website man, it'll definitely keep me busy for a couple of hours later (when the wine bottles are empty and the missus has passed out on the sofa).

Good to see Granada on MD getting a decent review, it was always one of my fave MD games.

Comment

Nice site, Yakumo. Full of interesting games - and your musings are very readable. I saw quite a few games that I will definitely be playing sometime soon.

Maybe you should take what you did, put it at a more secure place, spruce it up and it would be really great.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                    Nice site, Yakumo. Full of interesting games - and your musings are very readable. I saw quite a few games that I will definitely be playing sometime soon.

Maybe you should take what you did, put it at a more secure place, spruce it up and it would be really great.
                    yeah, I think I will. The thing is that I no longer have or more like remember my Geocities login info. I'll just save each page as it is I guess.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                      yeah, I think I will. The thing is that I no longer have or more like remember my Geocities login info. I'll just save each page as it is I guess.

Yakumo
                      Yeah, grab what you can, and put it somewhere else. I can imagine it being even better with a lick of paint etc.. Telenet/Wolfteam deserve the recognition. I look forward to seeing the result - if you decide to do it.

Comment

You really are a god, Yakumo. Nice work!

Comment

Yahoo are knocking Geocities on the head so don't hang about Yakumo!

Not with a bang, but with a whimper. Yahoo! is unceremoniously closing GeoCities, one of the original web-hosting services acquired by Yahoo! in 1999 for $2.87 billion. (Fun venture fact: Fred Wilson's Flatiron Partners was an investor). In a message on Yahoo!'s help site, the company said that it would be shuttering Geocities, a free web-hosting service, later this year and will not be accepting any new customers. Existing customers will still be able to access use GeoCities but Yahoo! is encouraging these customers to upgrade to Yahoo!'s paid Web Hosting service. GeoCities' traffic has been falling over the past year. According to ComScore, GeoCities unique visitors in the U.S. fell 24 percent in March to 11.5 million unique visitors from 15.1 million in March of 2008. Back in October, 2006, it had 18.9 million uniques.

Comment

oh no. thanks for the heads up! I'll grab the data this weekend then.

Yakumo

Comment

Working...
                            X