Blaze handheld Megadrive: Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blaze handheld Megadrive: Any good?

Thinking about getting one of these for some casual megadrive fun. Anybody buy one? What are they like? Also i understand they can be hooked up to your tellybox, have you tried that? Thanks for any impressions.

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
    Thinking about getting one of these for some casual megadrive fun. Anybody buy one? What are they like? Also i understand they can be hooked up to your tellybox, have you tried that? Thanks for any impressions.
    I have one - great for quick blasts of Megadrive action, but if you've got large(r) hands you're fingers will ache... Outputting to TV is fine with mine, but I know of a couple of friends whose units outputs are very glitchy: b&w, flickering, etc.

Comment

Its pretty poor to be honest. I have one and have probably used it around 3 or 4 times in total. Screen quality and dpad arent the best.

Comment

, what about the ew megadrive console thing? i saw one in game today £39.99

are these any good, quality wise, and what cables do they have ect plz. im tempted

Comment

Just buy the real thing ! That's my 2 pennies worth !

Comment

Originally posted by nintastic View Post
            yep cant beat the real thing, but ive had several megadrives but cant bear to have any more 'crap' around, i only collect for the gba and playstation familys nowerdays so this looks ideal. Thanks for the impressions guys.

Comment

I'd rather a GP2x to be honest or, better still, the forthcoming Wiz.

Comment

i have megadrive 1 and 2, and a genisis 3 even, i want the blaze one for my collection really, but shall i wait till the price drop if there ever will be one, £39,99 seems a little high

Comment

25£ new on ebay.

Comment

For what they are and who they are aimed at these machines are perfectly fine.

I reviewed it here.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
                      25? new on ebay.
                      And to think I used to spunk ?20 on Tiger handheld LCD games...

Comment

where can u find reviews on the console one? or cheaper price than ?39.99 plz?

Comment

Originally posted by nintastic View Post
                          This.

Anything trying to be a replica of old will never be the same...

And considering the price of an old Megadrive is cheaper than this new kit, there is no excuse. Well, unless you want a Nomad.

Comment

My thoughts on the both versions here

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
                              This.

Anything trying to be a replica of old will never be the same...

And considering the price of an old Megadrive is cheaper than this new kit, there is no excuse. Well, unless you want a Nomad.
                              But they're not attempting to sell this to someone who knows about the Nomad - or second hand MDs, for that matter.

This is being sold to people in stores lik Argos and the like; it will be flogged to people who aren't into games but might recall playing on their MD many moons ago. In that respect, I think we should be thankful that stuff like this even gets produced.

Comment

Working...
                              X