Retro Consoles & Yahoo JP Auctions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Consoles & Yahoo JP Auctions

Just a quick question for anyone that may know, when a console is described as Junk on Yahoo JP auctions is this the same as the english meaning i.e not working, it's just that I've got my eye on a JPN Mega CD (No Box, Cables) which is described as Junk. I know you can get electronics shops in Japan that are referred to as Junk Stores that stock working consoles with no accessories etc, so not sure if it's this or the english meaning.

I think it means non-working or at least untested

Comment

Junk in Japan basically means it hasn't been tested. Most of the time the item is in perfect working order but there is the odd one or two time where the item is actually broken.

On Ebay Junk means complete **** that you should avoid. On Yahoo it means an untested item, simple as that really

Comment

Its a bit like "sold as is". Over here that translates as "I tested it and it doesn't work", over there "I couldn't test it but it might still work".

Comment

there's usually a reason they didn't test it though, as you said, often they don't have all the necessary cables or in some cases (as I found out when I got a 'junk' wonderswan in Sofmap) it might be so discoloured or cosmetically damaged that it wasn't worth it (though it still might be functional).

Comment

Cheers fellas, might be worth a risk then if the price stays low enough, it does look in really good condition so theres the chance as already mentioned that it may be untested due to no cables or PSU. Generally I always see stuff on ebay as untested even though it's got all the cables so it's not like they couldn't plug it in to see, probably just a way of selling a ****ed console for more cash.

Comment

@pharfetchd....crown prince was selling a mega cd a while ago,might be worth shooting him a PM.

Comment

Cheers mate, just sent him a pm now

Comment

Working...
                X