DHL delivery problems ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DHL delivery problems ...

Having bought a large package on eBay recently, I opted for delivery to my home address since although I'm not in during the day it's a lot easier to get things to my house from the Post Office or from the local Royal Mail delivery depot than it is from work.

Unbeknown to me however, the sender opted for DHL delivery - and it turns out that DHL's idea of a 'delivery' service is somewhat different from mine. For a star, their 'service centre' where the package is being held is 15 miles from where I live, and there is no way that I can get to it to collect the package.

Their idea of 'service' appears somewhat different to mine also, as it does not seem to involve answering the phone at the 'service centre' where they are holding the package, at least not on any of the four times that I have called the number on the card. After looking up the national customer service number online, they have obligingly also told me that they won't arrange a redelivery to my work address instead, even though it is the same distance away from the service centre as my home address - nor will they deliver the package on Saturday, when I could guarantee someone will be in.

Having never encountered this level of unhelpfulness from any delivery company before, I am somewhat at a loss. Any suggestions anyone?

Only two options you really have are either to go and collect it yourself or arrange for them to try and deliver it again and make sure a friend or family member is there to receive it.

I doubt you'll have any luck getting them to deliver it to a totally different address (i.e. your work address). At a push you may be able to ask them to drop it off with your neighbour or leave it at the back of the house or something.

Comment

In Japan our DHL parcels from the US are handled by a Japanese courier probably due to the poor service offered by DHL?

Yakumo

Comment

Working...
      X