Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rival schools 2 , Dreamcast or Playstation 1

Hi

can anyone tell me how well the PS version of rival schools stacks up against the Dreamcast version

Thanks

i think its pretty good though i "think" that the japanese released had a second disc which had stuff on it aswell....dont think the western release Got that

though its been ages since i played the ps1 game

Comment

Quite different......Rival Schools 2 on JAP Playstation is like Rival Schools +, it is basically the same game with 2 new (may I add excellent) characeters and BGs, + impregnable japanese RPG & character creation elements. I think the character creation of Rival School 1 was only in the Japanese version Evo disc.

Project justice on Dreamacst changes the gameplay by letting you select 3 characters a la King of the fighters insead of the usual 2, and is a new game in its own right, tho clearly shares many of teh same features and characters as the games before it.

Comment

ok thats great thanks

Comment

They are both excellent games but if you had to get one it would be the graphically superior Dreamcast JAPANESE version not the western one since the Japanese version has a load more play options.

Comment

Get the dreamcast one.

I wish Capcom would make a new game in the Rival Schools series, some of the ultras in SF4 reminded me a lot of the Rival Schools moves.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              They are both excellent games but if you had to get one it would be the graphically superior Dreamcast JAPANESE version not the western one since the Japanese version has a load more play options.
              I have the Jap one but have not played the western one. Does the Jap one really have better graphics?
              Also the board game typre 'extra' is virtually unplayable unless you have a knowledge of japanese so may be a waste of time for the majority.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                I have the Jap one but have not played the western one. Does the Jap one really have better graphics?
                Also the board game typre 'extra' is virtually unplayable unless you have a knowledge of japanese so may be a waste of time for the majority.
                No the graphics are identical, the Japanese one just has some extra stuff in it like the the unplayable board game you mentioned.

Comment

Yes, the graphics are the same in all Dreamcast versions. What I meant was that it's better looking than the PlayStation version but I guess that's obvious

Comment

Ah, I misunderstood.
                    To whoever said earlier that some of Street Fighter IV reminds them of Rival Schools, I agree. It was one of the first things I noticed when playing it and it made me like it even more.

Comment

Working...
                    X