Nam75 on the neo-geo did a good job on that style I thought

Magical Tetris Challenge.
    Always prefered Tetrisphere myself

Comment

Originally posted by nintastic View Post
      Nam75 on the neo-geo did a good job on that style I thought
      Agree! But I never owned it.
      Always prefered Tetrisphere myself
      Ah, now there's one I forgot. Such a brilliant game.
      Last edited by vertigo; 19-05-2009, 22:43.

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo View Post
        But it was a huge breath of fresh air considering what was around at the time and for a few years prior. Haven't enjoyed a game in this style since Cabal.
        Fair point, but couldnt you say the same about most Treasure games? The difference is this one hasnt aged to well IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
          Although alot of people mention Sin & Punishment, I think its really overrated. This odd coming from me as im a massive fan of Treasure. It is a good game, but not as good as the hype suggests.

Id have to say (apart from the obvious Zelda, Mario etc) try Magical Tetris Challenge. A nice variation on the game we all love
          I'm the other way round. I generally dislike treasure and find most of their other game highly overrated and over hyped but I think Sin and Punishment is an excellent game and a real breath of fresh air on a system with such a glut ugly 3d crap. The story and cutscens are absolute rubbish but I think it's great to play.

Comment

I'm with Moonwhistle on this one. The vast majority of Treasure games I don't enjoy. S&P is the exception for me.

Comment

Top....

N64....

0_o

I quite liked the first 3d Castlevania on there mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                Top....

N64....

0_o

Excitebike 64 is excellent. Even with the crappy looking split screen.

Comment

Nu-Eclipse, while I respect most peoples' opinions around here Yoshi's Story really isn't better than Mischief Makers
                  I too respect the opinions of others, but I'm afraid that when you get past the animé cliches and the fact that Treasure (a favourite game developer amongst most of the NTSC-UK fanboys, no doubt! ) made Mischief Makers as well as the admitted lack of longevity in Yoshi's Story, you'll find that Yoshi's Story offers a considerably more polished and satisfying platforming experience than Mischief Makers every single time (as you would expect from the undisputed masters of the platform game at NCL).

Sorry, Yoshi's Story > Mischief Makers all day long for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                    It'd have been miles better and less faffy if they'd let you use the d-pad though, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                      So did I, but erm... whisper it... shh

Comment

It'd have been miles better and less faffy if they'd let you use the d-pad though, right?
                        Ha! fair point! It could also have done with being more challenging and being a bit less "kiddie", tbh.

All that said, the craft and quality in the platforming action still shines through in Yoshi's Story - two things that aren't as good in Mischief Makers, imo.

Comment

Was there ever a 30th melon on the practice stage? I only found 29 and was convinced there should have been another one.

Comment

Was there ever a 30th melon on the practice stage? I only found 29 and was convinced there should have been another one.
                            Going by my admittedly slightly hazy memory, I'm pretty sure there was a 30th Melon on the Practice Stage...other internet guides and articles on the game seem to swear blind that there is...

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post

I thought both were pretty poor to say the truth , never liked S&P either , to me that was horribly outclassed by Star Fox 64 on every level.

Conkers and Mario was were it was at , for platform action onthe N64 imo

Comment

Didn't the first N64 Castlevania make you feel guilty about a werewolf or something, in some mansion-type room, in the early parts at least, it was really quite affecting?

Anyway, bad game that rewarded interest and dedication to the series with an ambivalent, frustrating, bullheaded mediocrity. It could've been ace...!

Gaahk, I'd place Haunted Castle well above that addition to the Belmont family roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X