PC spec for SF3 mame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC spec for SF3 mame?

Looking at building a mame cab and was wondering what the recommended pc spec is to run SF3?

Dunno about minimum, im sporting an Athlon X2 5000+, 2GB ram & 256mb Geforce 8600 GTS which runs it perfect as far as i can tell.

Comment

I find the specs to run it in elsemi's cps3 emulator are far lower. But yeah mame would be easier I guess.

Comment

I guess a crappy old pc aint gonna cut it then.

Comment

Just keep in mind your CPU is the main component that runs mame, not the graphics card.

Comment

CPS3 doesn't have a particularly high system requirement, it was only the encryption that prevented it from being emulated for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by megatron View Post
              I guess a crappy old pc aint gonna cut it then.
              You could always softmod an Xbox and use the CPS-3 emu whose name escapes me right now.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                You could always softmod an Xbox and use the CPS-3 emu whose name escapes me right now.
                Is using an xbox as a dedicated mame machine ideal? I've been looking at mame cabs and I rarely see anyone use an xbox instead of a pc.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                  SF3 does not run perfectly on Xbox although it is damn good. You don't need top specs to run it on PC 2.4ghz P4 with about 512mb ram should run it fine.

Comment

I run CPS3 on a old P3 1ghz laptop with 512 of RAM plays quite well only thing is the CPU sits at 99% all the time. Can't run it very well in MAME with that spec.

Comment

Working...
                    X