PAL Snes trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAL Snes trouble

Well looks like my PAL SNES of 15 years is playing up at the minute, interested to know if anyone had a similar problem and knows how to fix it.

"Before I begin I always clean my SNES cartridges, so it's not a cart problem"

My SNES has started to not read games on first load, this is happening on a large number of games, but mainly the later titles. Including titles that previous worked 100% of the time before, some times it's just black screening from load other times it 's loading the game then crashing within the first 5 minutes of play or it just displaying complete corrupt graphic's on load.

The strange thing is a large number of game, will fail to load on power on but if you then press the reset button while they are black screening they will load fine.

The internal connectors look clean and they don't look too pushed in either.

Suggestions would be greatly welcome! As I haven't had much luck in fixing the problem.

Cheers
    S3M

I recommend getting a toothbrush dipped in white spirits and brushing the hell out of the connectors inside the cart slot. It really worked well for me on various cart slots.

Comment

Really white spirits is safe to use on a SNES? Wouldn't hurt to try I suppose it's been awhile since I cleaned the internal connectors.

Comment

Yeh, it's perfectly safe to use on consoles and it's particularly useful for cleaning cart connectors and slots or just about anyhwere. To be cautious let the excess evaporate before powering on. It dries very quickly.

Comment

White spirits is not the best solvent cleaner as it leaves an oily residue - use methylated spirits, alcohol, an electrical cleaner etc instead.

Comment

Suggestions would be greatly welcome! As I haven't had much luck in fixing the problem.
            Buy another one ?

Comment

Working...
            X