CPS1/CPS2/Neo Geo on a PSP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPS1/CPS2/Neo Geo on a PSP?

What's the best emulator(s) to use to run CPS and NG stuff on a PSP slim? I know there's a port of Final Burn and there are also CPS1PSP and CPS2 and um .. MVCPSP? Are these any good? Which is the best option?

Cheers.

Jay

When I used to use my psp, I used CPS1PSP and CPS2PSP and especially MVSPSP and they ran at full speed and worked great. The only problem is the constant changing of the rom sets with Mame which always was a hassle to update and whenever I did, sometimse they didn't work with the PSP emulators, so ended up having to test and switch games.

Worth it though and I'd love to play them again only I can't find my psp charger!

Comment

The above named emus are great, you have to create cache files I think for a lot of the neo geo games for MVSPSP but if you google it you might get lucky...

Comment

You shouldn't need to create cache files if you run them on the slim - I think it uses of the extra memory available instead.

Might be wrong though.

Comment

MVS emu still needs cache files I think on slim too even, CPS2 does not anymore.

I have no idea why they updated one and not the other.

Comment

Yeah I was using cache files for the mvs games, particularly the bigger games

Comment

Yes its also Cache on the Slim but keep in mind that after creating a cache file you can delete the C-roms from the zip.

Its basically much like emulation on the ol' Xbox.

Comment

Working...
              X