Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't believe I didn't finish -<>- even though it was the best game in the World.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
    Wow you know what I thought I was the only person that felt this way.
    However I stuck at it just to see if it got any better & it didntl
    Me too; persevered due to peer pressure but really didn't enjoy it. Masterpiece they say?

Halo 2 would be mine - the single player game was garbage. Hated it.

Comment

Dragon Force on the Saturn still vexes me.

See, the only way you get a game over screen is if your main character gets killed in battle. The obvious solution, back in 1997 or 1998 or whenever it was, was to use only secondary characters in fights and keep the main character out of the action.

That works great until the game's endgame, where the main character is required, for story reasons, and is still like level 2 because you have been far too careful about not exposing them to any actual risk.

Comment

Originally posted by BaudAttitude View Post
        Dragon Force on the Saturn still vexes me.

See, the only way you get a game over screen is if your main character gets killed in battle. The obvious solution, back in 1997 or 1998 or whenever it was, was to use only secondary characters in fights and keep the main character out of the action.

That works great until the game's endgame, where the main character is required, for story reasons, and is still like level 2 because you have been far too careful about not exposing them to any actual risk.
        Haha i know your pain man, 3 times i tried to finish the game back when it first released and a few years later only to be left in an situation where i couldn't finish the game due to certain characters not being levelled up enough and no more grinding available to do!

I still did genuinely rate it as one of my favourite games ever and still do so back in February this year i picked it up again and FINALLY played it properly and finished it

James

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
          Theres a bit on the train. Is it like a wall boss. I have beaten it without getting hit and I have lost to it time after time. I just think you need a bit of luck to beat it. This could be the way I see it though.
          The thing with the rock eyeball looking things? It's no problem really, you just need to use the sword to reflect the projectile at the eyeball thing that's open most and it'll explode the others in a cross shape rather than taking them out one at a time.

My guilty one on this is FF6. I have a save at the moment where I'm torn between a couple of hundred battles to uncurse the cursed somethingorother or I can just equip something else and go to the last bit, but I haven't bothered in about a year. I have lassbossitis anyway, they always seem to be gigantically overpowered, which in a way is ok coz they're the last boss, but sometimes it's all a bit silly.

Looking through my shelf now I also see Project Zero and Pikmin, which I have to be more in the mood for longer gaming and thought to play. They're more like winter games for me.

Comment

Um, most great games I've ever played. There have always been other distractions in my life, and I've just never been that bothered about completing games for many, many years. But there's still plenty of time left to complete some of the games I want to. Er, I hope so anyway.

Comment

I try, and pretty much have, finished any current-gen stuff I have bought such as Bioshock, COD4, Devil May Cry 4 etc. etc. But for some reasons pretty much all my past-gen stuff I've never finished; some highlights:

Metal Gear Solid 1 (The rest I 'played' for two minutes and fell into a slow coma) - Got to the final boss and got my ass handed to me too many times.

Mario 64 - Despite finishing every Mario game twice over; except perhaps Galaxy which I did once, never completed this. Not sure why - it always lacked a little something to make me want to continue.

Zelda: OOT - Have never had enough time!

FFVII - Again,got to final boss and gave up.

Ikaruga - Hard as steel sh*t.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night- Got sick of the saving system, I've still barely played on live.

Project Zero: Great game, no time!

Beyond Good and Evil: As above!

Shadow of the Colossus: Still working through this, have taken down 4 collosi in as many years.
              Last edited by Escape-To-88; 16-07-2009, 15:41.
              3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Working...
              X