PC-Engine Sapphire development disc sold for ?1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC-Engine Sapphire development disc sold for ?1000

With all the PC-E chat on the forum I thought you guys might want to know about a Sapphire development disc that was recently sold for a £1000.
    Sounds mad but £1000 is actually really quite cheap IMO, I would have bought it if I'd known about it. 18 copies of this 'SYO Project Sample disc' exists and they were for the Hudson staff only.
    There's much discussion as whether the buyer should share the game with the PC-E community or not, I'm sitting on the fence on whether he should or shouldn't share it, anyways he said he's not going to.. lol

oh and for those that don't know about Sapphire its a very rare Shooter on the PC-Engine, its a very late release game and has some of the best graphics ever seen on the machine.

Below screen shots of development disc, note the extra selectable characters not in the realeased game:

If you'd stop buying multiple copies of the standard game you could have bid!

Never seen the attraction of buying this type of thing, i mean, it's basically just a cdr. And do you really care enough about it having some different character/sprites to justify another £800 on top of the already high going rate for the standard game?
    Last edited by Colin; 08-07-2009, 22:00.

Comment

That labrador boss is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by HC_O View Post
        There's much discussion as whether the buyer should share the game with the PC-E community or not,
        I think he should give them all the finger. He's just paid a lot of money for it so why should he give it out to others for free? Now if the PC Engine community offered to pay for the release then that's another thing altogether. I'd say that the community should pay the cost of the game plus a little extra for the buyers good will.

Yakumo

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          I think he should give them all the finger. He's just paid a lot of money for it so why should he give it out to others for free? Now if the PC Engine community offered to pay for the release then that's another thing altogether. I'd say that the community should pay the cost of the game plus a little extra for the buyers good will.

Yakumo
          Yes, but "the PC-Engine community" in question are a bunch of whining americans who want everything for free or $5. While i still don't see the attraction of owning the item, i certainly wouldn't start burning of copies of it for people after paying that much.

Comment

Oh right. Then the finger it is.! I can't stand whinning turds who expect people to give away stuff they've paid a great deal for just for the sake of "the community".

Yakumo

Comment

wow it's really kicking off, France V's USA

prototypes, unreleased games, development discs etc.. don't massively interest me, not really my thing and frankly I don't have the money to buy them.

This Sapphire one did interest me as the original was such an amazing game and I would really like to play with the extra characters etc..
              Other unreleased games that I would be intereted in would be Strider SuperGrafx and Marble Madness Hu-card but if they ever turned up the price would be truly astronomical and not in the realms of mear mortals like me, anyways to be honest I'd rather spend the money on a new car than a video game lol

Comment

I hope he doesn't release it or talk about it and keeps it secret forever just to spite them, hehe! (^_^)

But I think to price was not to high because other ones sold at even higher.

Comment

I loved the massive rant that guy just had! I MUST remember to check back on that thread to see the reactions it brings.

Comment

I've dumped the Vectrex Android chip data I have, but haven't shared it with the community either given the price I paid for it. If I did, then it would be via a cheapish repro type release to get some of the money back. Anything unreleased only holds its value when it stays unreleased... so I fully understand the guy's reasons for not sharing.

@Ikobo - the guy having a rant is Adol, a well known French collector who has a huge number of complete Japan sets for many systems.
                    Last edited by Mayhem; 09-07-2009, 11:45.
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

the bloke that just went mental on the thread is Adol, a french game collector who owns complete jap game collections for most of the systems eg: Neo-Geo, Saturn, PC-Engine, Super Famicom etc. etc..

as a far as I know he's now going for a complete 'Factory Sealed' unopened collections, I know he has a complete Dreamcast one...

This type of game collecting is completely beyond me, if I ever had that type of money I definitely wouldn't spend it on video games.

Last edited by HC_O; 09-07-2009, 11:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        the guy having a rant is Adol, a well known French collector who has a huge number of complete Japan sets for many systems.
                        Just seen you've wrote a similar answer as I was typing mine

Comment

That's another thing i don't understand, 100% collections. It's obsessive compulsive. I love the PC-Engine, but if i bought everything released on it i'd have 100's of rubbish or unplayable games. WTF is the point, or fun, in that? Weird.

Having said that, i own 100% of the supergrafx games. Yeah, thats right, all five!

Comment

Is Adol that collector who listed a complete sealed DC collection on eBay for a small fortune last year?

Edit: Yep.
                            Last edited by Decider-VT; 09-07-2009, 18:12.

Comment

wow the drama, that thread went crazy , never seen anything like it, Adols now deleted all his comments..

lol

Comment

Working...
                              X