Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What games are at your local boot sales?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What games are at your local boot sales?

Just been reading the PAL Saturn thread and got me wondering what the boot sales are like in other areas...
    At my local boot sales in North Devon the PS2 is king, atleast every other stall has a big stack of games.

45% PS2
    30% Gameboy, Gameboy Advance
    15% PS1
    3% Gamecube
    2% Xbox
    1% PSP
    1% N64
    1% Saturn
    1% Megadrive
    1% Atari 2600

PS I don't actually buy any PAL games, although I often look at whats there just for the fun of it, I'm at the boot sales with my family we mainly pick up toys for the kids and little bits for the house.

The main one near me used to be a retro haven. Nowadays there is mostly recent stuff. I did find a neo geo AES and games there a couple of years ago, but the guy was wanting the 'going rate' for it which isn't really acceptable at a boot sale.

On the odd occasion when there is something decent, you have to beat the trader guy from it who has a stall there, as he doesn't open till 2 hours after the boot sale starts, giving him the chance to snaffle all the best stuff then sell it on at his stall for more.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
      I did find a neo geo AES and games there a couple of years ago, but the guy was wanting the 'going rate' for it which isn't really acceptable at a boot sale.
      do you know if anyone bought it in the end?
      would be pretty random to find a Neo collector at a boot sale willing to pay the going rate.

Comment

I don't know. I was asking him to split the bundle as I wanted a game, and he said to come back later. This was at 8am and I checked before I went home around 10am and it hadn't sold, but I wasn't going to hang around all day.

Comment

I went to my local one today and outside the normal Playstation 1&2 frenzy there seemed to be a lot of Gamecube and N64 stuff. Also a fair smattering of Dreamcast games around, but unfortunatly nothing that I was after.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
            Also a fair smattering of Dreamcast games around
            I don't think I've ever seen any Dreamcast stuff at my local boot sales.

Was thinking of going today but its raining loads over the last few days and it would just been a Mud fest.

Comment

Ps2 and ps1 are the most common at my local. Although I do see quite a bit of N64 and retro computer stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X