anyone played racing lagoon (ps1/jpn)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone played racing lagoon (ps1/jpn)

quite fancied picking this up and was wondering if its decent and playable in japanese?

I've got it, it's more than playable despite the language barrier, theres some sort of story about becoming the best racer in Yokohama but I don't think you'll be missing much.

It has a map like an RPG but you drive around it flashing your lights to start races, like any RPG though it does require a lot of grinding which can get a bit annoying especially if you end up against a better car as your pretty much guaranteed to lose one of your car parts to them and then it's back to grinding again to either win it back or purchase new parts.

Not a bad game though, I liked it a lot when I first bought it but later in the game it can become a bit frustating. Wouldn't mind seeing Square-Enix do a next gen sequel to this as the IP had a lot of potential.

This video is probably the best example of how it plays.

Last edited by Phar; 05-08-2009, 12:36.

Comment

got a copy of it on ebay fro $3.02

jez - ebay really has destroyed the UK import market - imagine paying that at VGI or the old CA games!

looking forward to getting stuck in to it!

Comment

That's an awesome price. Think I paid closer to around 15quid for mine. I found it quite hard to get into. Felt I was missing out on loads tbh. In saying that the racing battles are enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
        X