X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaming PC in a Saturn or PC-Engine shell

-----
    Last edited by HC_O; 02-05-2010, 00:32.

Looks like a waste of a perfectly good Saturn/Duo to me! What's wrong with a modded Xbox?

Comment

so, so sad......what next ? (when PC hardware is practically giving itself away)

" I managed to MOD an old PCE LT into my gameboy dsi + teh romz, coool huh, HUH"

Yep, just a waste of 2 great pieces of hardware.

Comment

Well, personally I think it's quite cool. Though, obviously, only if the original console has died a natural death.

Comment

-----
          Last edited by HC_O; 02-05-2010, 00:32.

Comment

Not sure an Atom system is the best way to go, the lack of even passable graphics will hurt 3D emulation. Depends on the level of emulation you want. May be worth checking out if those Matx AMD boards will fit. Put an energy efficient atom in there and you'll have a much more powerful system.

May also be worth checking out a DC PSU, they only tend to go up to around 100W (max I've seen is 120W) but if you can squeeze a system into that power rating they're cooler, save space (power brick outside the box) and are much quieter (for low power systems, the PSU is the noisiest part)

Comment

Looks good to me, especially the Saturn one. I'll never own anything like this though but it's nice to dream.

Comment

Working...
              X