Retro Gamer issue 67 - Bomberman issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Gamer issue 67 - Bomberman issue

just seen this on my door mat, not read it yet, quickly flicked and it looks like a great issue, glad to see John Sczepaniak is back, all his Japanese Imported related articles were my fave parts of the mag

Been wondering when the next issue would arrive! I guess mine will get here Monday. What's in this month's Retroinspection?

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
      What's in this month's Retroinspection?
      Japanese Computers eg Sharp X6800, Fujitsu FM Towns, NEC PC88 etc.

Comment

Good lord, this is printed already? I'm going to have to hassle Daz for my complimentary copy. How's the design look on the computers article?

Comment

Great issue. Was pleased to find this on the doormat on my return from work, and immedietly retreated to the garden with it and a bottle of beer.

Bomberman feature is great, as is the Japanese computer article. Also liked the massive Operation Wolf section. I'd never heard of that Amiga insect themed shooter, but it looks amazing.

Comment

Glad to hear people are liking the Op Wolf piece . I wanted to do a Maximum styled feature where you explore as many aspects of a single game as possible. More arcade games to follow.

Comment

I know about Operation Thunderbolt, but I didn't know there was a further two follow ups after that. I always felt that Thunderbolt was never as good as Operation Wolf back on the C64, and even now that I have faithful versions on the Taito collections I still prefer Wolf.

Comment

Originally posted by Szczepaniak View Post
                Good lord, this is printed already? I'm going to have to hassle Daz for my complimentary copy. How's the design look on the computers article?
                John, I really enjoyed your piece on the Japanese computer scene. It's full of interesting facts and opinions. Some of the games shown look interesting; especially Kagirinaki Tatakai. I hope to see more articles from you.

Overall, an excellent issue of RG. The interview with the creators of Apidya is very enlightening. Such a good Amiga shooter. The Operation Wolf piece is well done - and enjoyable. Then you have the excellent Bob Flanagan interview and all the iphone, homebrew reviews, and I have to give a big thumbs up to the RG crew.

Comment

Ta Leon, I hope you go out and play some of the games. Aquales is great if you're into 16-bit mecha games that play like Bionic Commando with a rock soundtrack.

Comment

Originally posted by Szczepaniak View Post
                    Ta Leon, I hope you go out and play some of the games. Aquales is great if you're into 16-bit mecha games that play like Bionic Commando with a rock soundtrack.
                    I'm always up for a bit of 2D mech action. I'll definitely give it a go.

I've actually been playing Atari2600 games recently. Enduro is hypnotic - and also... H.E.R.O. I'm definitely more easy going towards all sorts of retro games these days. I'm nearly completely retro focused at the moment. As you showed with your article, there are plenty of retro gems to discover and enjoy.

Comment

Wasn't too sure about the content this month, but picked it up anyway and there's actually quite a lot of interest to me. Also glad to see the Szczenpaniak back in action.

Really pleased to see you guys are making the eMag Load 1 available again. Yesterday morning I was thinking what a shame it was that it was no longer on your website and then in the afternoon I found the advert. Just ordered a copy of both discs now.

Comment

Working...
                      X