Super Power System (Street Fighter II Cards) from Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Power System (Street Fighter II Cards) from Korea

Alright you import loving NTSC-UK guys, im hoping your import expertise will help me identify the following cards.

These cards I picked up at the boot sale years ago, but never got round to scanning or sorting out. I only found these 6 cards with nothing else to go with them.

All I can make out is that they were for a 'Super Power System' that was made in Korea. My first guess is the small black marks are for scanning somehow.

So any information on these will be greatly appreciated as Google isnt providing the info today

Thanks!

Is this not the Korean version of a Barcode Battler?
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

No idea what they're for, but that's an awesome find! I love obscure stuff like this.
      Last edited by Sketcz; 10-08-2009, 18:57.

Comment

Blogged!

Comment

Heh great write up Szczepaniak! Hopefully someone will come forward with some information

Comment

ANSWER GET!
            No one responded to our request for information on what the Super Power System cards actually are , so I went heavy Google Hunting, which so...

Comment

I used to have LOADS of those DBZ cards when I was younger. Pretty much the full set.

Comment

Did you live in Thailand?

On a more serious note: you mean you had a whole bunch of SPS cards? Which would mean they were actually sold in the UK...?

Comment

Nah, had some Chinese mates when I was younger and they used to get me loads of stuff every time they went to Hong Kong.

Comment

Oh awesome! Fantastic work Mr S
                    Thanks for posting this up. I honestly believed that they would use some handheld system like the Barcode Battler, never mind a little slip wallet.
                    Thanks again, I might have another SF2 curiosity to reveal to you at some point, I'll be in touch

Comment

Originally posted by Cauterize View Post
                      Alright you import loving NTSC-UK guys, im hoping your import expertise will help me identify the following cards.

These cards I picked up at the boot sale years ago, but never got round to scanning or sorting out. I only found these 6 cards with nothing else to go with them.

All I can make out is that they were for a 'Super Power System' that was made in Korea. My first guess is the small black marks are for scanning somehow.

So any information on these will be greatly appreciated as Google isnt providing the info today

Thanks!
                      Hey all. I grew up in Korea from 92-99 and we collected these cards. I still have hundreds of them that im trying to establish a value for. The black marks on the back are for a wallet slip that when the card is installed it displays a a power level in digital number format. You dont really need the slip to read it though. There is a complication with the cards though: Vega's name is misprinted as Balrog, Balrog is misprinted as M. Bison and M. Bison is misprinted Vega. I'm not sure if this increases or decreases the value. Normally a misprint is more valuable but since these misprints are on almost all of them im not sure what to think. The power level of the cards you displayed are: 90 for Zangief, 43 for Ryu, 80 M. Bison, 48 for Dalsim, 04 for E. Honda and 94 Sagat.
                      Last edited by mike33; 23-12-2013, 20:11.

Comment

Originally posted by mike33 View Post
                        Vega's name is misprinted as Balrog, Balrog is misprinted as M. Bison and M. Bison is misprinted Vega
                        Those are the original Japanese names.

Comment

Yeah. Capcom got in a bit of trouble for calling the Boxer M.Bison, so they switched all the names around in the West, aside from Sagat (who was already known from SF1). This is why today, to avoid confusion, all Street Fighter fan references refer to "boxer" etc so everyone knows who you're talking about.
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Dudley v Balrog is what I want to see!

Comment

How was the game played? Or does no one know?

Comment

Working...
                              X