There is a Retro Shooting GOD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a Retro Shooting GOD!

"Oh my God" was the first thing I said when I saw these.

Tinny replica ships from some of the best retro shooters ever! I'm off to this shop to buy a load of them but at 400 yen a pop and no idea what ship will pop out of the machine I'm bound to have a few doubles. So if you want one check out this thread to see what I end up selling.

What's really sad is that this is the 3rd volume! What was in the 1st and 2nd volumes? Thunder Force? Gradius? Hell Fire? DonPachi? Who knows but I'm sure not missing out on these babies. I've mainly got my eye on the Granada ship, Wolf Fang mech and Sokyugurentai.

Yakumo

vol.2
    Fantasy Zone - Opa Opa
    R-Type III - R-90 Ragnarok
    Raystorm - R-Gray1
    Star Luster - Gaia
    Star Blade - Geo Sword

vol.1
    Gradius V (Vic Viper),
    R-Type Final (Daedalus & Arrowhead),
    Darius (Silver Hawk)
    Gradius 2 (Metarion)

Comment

I've got the Darius one from the first collection.

Came from Play-Asia for about ?4 I think originally.

I really wanted the R-Type one but being blind packed got Darius instead, still it does look pretty good.

Neil

Comment

They sell these on genki:

They have the 2nd series on the next page too.

Comment

You swine!!!!

I may have to buy the full set now.

?20 is a pretty good price in my book.

Neil

Comment

Man, you guys knew all aboutthese and didn't say Still, I'm well happy that I've found these. Far more intrested in this stuff over Gradius

Comment

I'm sure they've been mentioned intopics before.
              I have all of series 2 but one.

Comment

been thinking about buying these since they were first released but every time I go to I think "do I actually need any more stuff???" as been discussed here http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/showthread.php?t=97977 .
                Now in 2009 I'm very picky now about what I buy and not filling my house up with crap lol, still might grab these but they need to release that killer ship for to take the bite though.

Comment

Originally posted by HC_O View Post
                  vol.2
                  Fantasy Zone - Opa Opa
                  R-Type III - R-90 Ragnarok
                  Raystorm - R-Gray1
                  Star Luster - Gaia
                  Star Blade - Geo Sword
                  Vol 2 has 7 ships, one is frum Musha and the other from Spriggan (Not sure if I've spelt that correctly). Annoying one of the figures is only in the SP boxed set the other only from the machines.

All the figures have alt versions as well, Geo Sword has different numbers on it. Opa Opa comes with wings or jet booster.

Really nices set I've got two from the first set and six from the second and two alt versions.

I'm surprised you've not heard of them till now they have been mentioned on quite a few websites, first set is really hard to find now.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                    from Spriggan
                    its the ship form Spriggan MK II, I knew there was a few more I didn't list, just couldn't remember.

Comment

a while back they started introducing Gashapon machines to the UK, I remember seeing them near the checkouts in my local Super Market when I lived in London, they cought my eye because they had a nintendo ones and one that particulary interested me had all the characters from Mario Kart.

Comment

Originally posted by HC_O View Post
                        a while back they started introducing Gashapon machines to the UK, I remember seeing them near the checkouts in my local Super Market when I lived in London, they cought my eye because they had a nintendo ones and one that particulary interested me had all the characters from Mario Kart.
                        My local Sainsburys have one & I think it only does Pokemon ones but I'll look tonight just in case they do anything funky

Comment

Working...
                        X