Essential PlayStation Shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Essential PlayStation Shooters

Hey, putting together a little collection of what I consider to be thee essential PS1/2 shoot'em-ups, just the creme-de-la-creme, games i might even play!
    i already have-
    R-types
    Strikers 1945 II
    Gradius V
    Dodonpachi dai ou jou
    Espgaluda
    Raiden 3
    Should have bagged a copy of Mushihimesama today and Ibara is on my to buy list, but what am i missing? Essentials??

Harmful Park
    Gradius Gaiden
    Donpachi & Dodonpachi (best ports of them)
    Dragon Blaze (PS2)

James

Comment

oooh and R Type Final (if youre a fan, i'm not that keen to be honest!)

Comment

Originally posted by losersclub View Post
        oooh and R Type Final (if youre a fan, i'm not that keen to be honest!)
        had it, not that keen either..
        Harmful park, thats a goody, miss that.
        The two ps1 dodons are good but 'dai ou jou is all i need. Gradius i find a bit dull other than V, which i love, i dont know Dragons blaze?(googles)
        Last edited by SuperDanX; 17-08-2009, 20:19.

Comment

Ibara and Mushi are NOT essentials. Both are quite poor ports actually. Giga Wing Generations, Homura and R-Type Delta should deffo be on your list however.
          Last edited by J0e Musashi; 17-08-2009, 20:29.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            Ibara and Mushi are NOT esentials. Both are quite poor ports actually. Giga Wing Generations, Homura and R-Type Delta should deffo be on your list however.
            not played Mushi or Ibara yet, so time will tell..

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX View Post
              not played Mushi or Ibara yet, so time will tell..
              They will only seem poor ports if you have played the PCB or are slightly pedantic about this kind of thing so i wouldn't worry mate Both are great games that should be played regardless

Dragon Blaze is a Psikyo game, released in Japan on a two in one with Sol Divide and released here on it's own

Last edited by losersclub; 17-08-2009, 20:45.

Comment

better pics here

Dragon Blaze is a Videogame by Psikyo (circa 2000). An excellent vertical shooter from Psikyo where the players select from four different dragons.

Comment

btw the price on Ibara nowadays is absurd, it's only about £50 cheaper than the arcade board!

Comment

Dragon Blaze is on the Psikyo Vol. 3 with Sol Divide. Might have it here for sale actually. I'll check.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Don't forget Einhander. I wanted to make a thread on it but thought there probably was one already. Amazing game, love it. Got to play it again some day soon.

Comment

Originally posted by losersclub View Post
                        btw the price on Ibara nowadays is absurd, it's only about ?50 cheaper than the arcade board!

I still haven't opened mine yet. Worth playing or sell and run away to Vegas?

Comment

You'd get £200+ for a factory sealed Ibara if you know where to go with it Nick.
                          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                            You'd get £200+ for a sealed Ibara if you know where to go with it Nick.
                            Agreed!

Ludicrous really, i bought the pcb with original arts etc for £150

Comment

Dragons Blaze looks great, love Psikyo though as for Ibara, ive never played the pcbs and whatever i pay i'll get what i paid back if i dont like it. Edit, not a 200+ sealed copy tho

Comment

Working...
                              X