Margate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Margate?

Did anyone else used to go to Margate to play on the Arcades?

In the early nineties me and my mates would take the train from London a few times a year to go up there, was a right laugh, they had by a long way the largest selection of Arcades I'd ever seen, I've only ever seen larger in Japan.

Oh yes, we used to go there every year in the summer as a school "treat". Remember my mate getting the arse with his opponent whilst playing SF2 and there nearly being a massive fight! Good old days!

Comment

Originally posted by neoboy259 View Post
      Remember my mate getting the arse with his opponent whilst playing SF2 and there nearly being a massive fight! Good old days!
      lol, surprisingly was actually quite common,
      I remember in a chip shop near where I lived some kid beat another kid on SF2 who played as Dhalsim (already failed) and when he lost he set fire to his Shell Suit with his lighter, I'm not joking this really happened, lol .

all this reminds me of this video...

Comment

Originally posted by HC_O View Post
        I remember in a chip shop near where I lived some kid beat another kid on SF2 who played as Dhalsim (already failed) and when he lost he set fire to his Shell Suit with his lighter, I'm not joking this really happened, lol .
        Where are you from, HC_O? I can't remember if this happened locally or if I read it in the newspaper somewhere but my friends and I used to joke about it when we played SNES SF2. I was never sure if I'd really read about it or if it had been an urban legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Decider-VT View Post
          Where are you from, HC_O?
          Back then lived in Fulham London, where I grew up

Comment

And there was me thinking this thread was in commemoration of Chas 'n' Dave.

*sob*

Comment

Working...
            X