Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introducing myself!

Hi Everyone,

I tried to find an "Introduce Yourself" thread but couldnt seem to locate one...

My name's Ian, I'm 30 and from Newcastle Upon Tyne- UK (sounds like a dating ad?!). I'm a huge gaming fan both current gen and retro.

My big passion is the Megadrive having had the system as a kid and I'm currently in the process of building up a Full Japanese Megadrive collection. Got 70 games at the moment (only collect them in mint condition) so still quite a way to go!

I've heard Darran @ Retro Gamer mention this forum a lot on his YT channel so thought I'd give it a try.

I've got a YT channel myself which I use to record gameplay footage of my games and also let people know how my collection's coming on amongst other things. Not sure whether this is allowed (sorry if I'm breaking rules here) but my channel address is:

It's a great community generally, other than a few idiotic trolls recently but suppose you get that anywhere.

Anyway this seems a great place!

Ian.

Welcome Ian hope you enjoy your stay at NTSC-UK , nice collection there , think i'll need to get a video of all my stuff together.
    Last edited by MisterBubbles; 16-09-2009, 10:35.

Comment

Welcome to NTSC-UK, Ian. There's a lot of Mega Drive fans here!! My self included. I'm not going for a full MD collection but I do own a good amount all mint like yourself. I'm more of a Saturn guy at heart but you can't beat a good old Mega Drive session with a little Mega CD on the side

Comment

Aye, welcome! There is a good bunch of retro fans here, so you should feel right at home

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
          Welcome to NTSC-UK, Ian. There's a lot of Mega Drive fans here!! My self included. I'm not going for a full MD collection but I do own a good amount all mint like yourself. I'm more of a Saturn guy at heart but you can't beat a good old Mega Drive session with a little Mega CD on the side
          Cool it'll be great to talk with other MD fans, god I love that machine!

By the way you already know that I think your Segagaga site is superb, keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by WildWillyWilson View Post
            I tried to find an "Introduce Yourself" thread but couldnt seem to locate one...
            You're absolutely bloody right! Let's make this such a topic:

My name's Noel, I'm 30, I live in North London with the missus, no pets other than those bleeding harlequins that keep finding their way into the flat, I'm a student who is studying TEFL & Spanish, I play the classical guitar (badly) and I love travelling, especially to Latin America.

Console-wise I play/collect for Mega Drive/CD and SFC, and most of my games are Jp unless they are text-heavy. I also have the odd dabble with emulation on the old Xbox, play the occasional game of Wii Sports on the missus's Wii, and have a few other consoles such as PCE/CD, Neo Geo and Saturn that I'm in the process of getting shot of.

Bit of an essay so I'll forgive anyone for not bothering to read it!

Comment

Good to see you around Ian!
              Hope you are alright after the recent upset on YouTube

Comment

Hi Ian, welcome. I think i read some stuff you'd put up on rising stuff? Either that or someones at remarkably the same stage in their collection................

Comment

Welcome Ian! As you know I'm already a fan of your YT videos. Hope you like it here.

Comment

Cool another MD collectorlike myself only collect the cream of the crop..

This site was getting a bit overun by PCE fanboys lately(eh Colin..<,ikobo_1>)
                    Look forward to seeing some of your collection Ian.By the way, this is the best forum for retro.. IMO

Comment

This is a busy forum!

Cauterize- Thanks mate, still some bloody idiots knocking about who have nothing better to do than troll and leave abusive comments. Just blocking them from my channel. Thankfully the abusive videos have been removed by YT.

Ikobo 1- Yeah I write stuff for Rising Stuff (pardon the pun)! Another great site. :-)

Duddyroar- Thanks mate, we keep on bumping into each other on forums!

Garrz32- Thanks mate. Glad your another MD fan!! This does seem a great place :-)

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                        My name's Noel
                        That eBay sheister has been living among us all this time!

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                          Lolololol!!! Sh*t, my cover has been blown!!

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post

lol

Comment

Originally posted by garrz32 View Post
                              Cool another MD collectorlike myself only collect the cream of the crop..

This site was getting a bit overun by PCE fanboys lately(eh Colin..<,ikobo_1>)
                              Look forward to seeing some of your collection Ian.By the way, this is the best forum for retro.. IMO
                              what system were those games for i sold you again?

Comment

Working...
                              X