Elite Love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elite Love

There's some Elite love over on the BBC site as its 25 years old this month:

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

And on the Frontier site:

Elite Dangerous brings gaming’s original open world adventure to the modern generation with a stunning recreation of the entire Milky Way galaxy.

Few nice wallpapers on there too.

Happy Birthday Elite! Remains in my all time top n. Ahhh the memories.

I might be the only one in here to say this but I never got on with it, one of those things I suppose.

Comment

I was playing it today on BeebEm on my laptop on the train. In fact, a few weeks ago the BBC got in touch with me to ask if I would be willing to be filmed playing it for a documentary series they were making ... they went for someone else in the end, but it was kind of amusing to think that I could have been on the BBC, playing Elite on a BBC ...

Happy Birthday to the greatest game of all

Comment

Originally posted by Tirian View Post
        was kind of amusing to think that I could have been on the BBC, playing Elite on a BBC ...

Happy Birthday to the greatest game of all
        Yo Dawg, I heard you like BBC

Comment

As I'm at just the tender age of 30 I was a bit too much of a nipper when Elite was first released to really get into and understand it. All I remember about it at the time was that my mate's dad was really into it and he won some stuff like a poster, t-shirt etc because he attained an Elite rank or something. I preferred games like Monty on the Run back then.

I really loved Frontier: Elite 2 though and I still do. I was playing it only recently via Dosbox although I cut my teeth on the Amiga version. It had nicer music, as was usually the case with Amiga games, and even though the poly count was lower I still preferred it.

Comment

Was the Acorn the offspring? Our School had Elites...yes I am old!

Comment

I played this at launch. Beyond classic. I even had the Electron version too.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                As I'm at just the tender age of 30 I was a bit too much of a nipper when Elite was first released to really get into and understand it.
                Actually, I'm the same age you then :-) (well, one year older)

True, my dad was much better at Elite than I was, but I was still nuts over that game. I even bought it twice because we wore the first disc out!

Comment

Working...
                X