Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious SNES collector needed

Do you know the rarest SNES model
    Do you have dreams of the rarest SNES titles from around the world.
    Do you know what titles push the machine more than any other?
    Do you think you know more about SNES collecting then anyone else?

If these statements fit yourself or you know of someone who is a genius when it comes to SNES collecting then please get in contact. It's for an awesome new feature.

Originally posted by Strider View Post
    Do you know the rarest SNES model
    No but it's probably some Korean knock-off.

Do you have dreams of the rarest SNES titles from around the world.
    No but I dreamt of Shenmue's Nozomi this one time.

Do you know what titles push the machine more than any other?
    Street Fighter 2 did a lot of pushing. It was like crack to me.

Do you think you know more about SNES collecting then anyone else?
    Nope.

If these statements fit yourself or you know of someone who is a genius when it comes to SNES collecting then please get in contact. It's for an awesome new feature.
    Your hobbyist monthly publication needs YOU!

Comment

Yeah cheers for that.

Comment

Think you need to hit up Yesteryeargames for this little feature.

I seem to recall he's well into his SNES & is aiming for a complete PAL collection so I think what he doesnt know isnt worth knowing.

Pretty sure someone else was aiming for the same thing but cant for the life of me remember who.

Neil

Comment

SFC wise then Adol, if he wants to talk. PAL wise then Yesteryear is probably a good suggestion. US wise...? Hard to say... I know a few dedicated collectors. But if it's just about more than collecting the games, then... could be interesting on making a choice.

Now if you do the same for the Commodore machines heh...
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
            SFC wise then Adol, if he wants to talk. PAL wise then Yesteryear is probably a good suggestion. US wise...? Hard to say... I know a few dedicated collectors. But if it's just about more than collecting the games, then... could be interesting on making a choice.

Now if you do the same for the Commodore machines heh...
            we will do eventually...

Comment

These are probably the rarer snes consoles i've heard of:

Competition version

SHARP 21G-SF1

Hotel Box 2

I've seen another hotel box with some funny shaped cartidges before but i can't remember where i found the pictures.

Edit: found it
              The Super Famicom Box was a special Super Famicom hardware system that utilized special cartridges and was used in hotels. Thanks to Kiryu1985, djense1, and d4s for the information and pictures.
              Last edited by KusoGaki; 24-09-2009, 16:44.

Comment

Did someone mention me ?!

I'd be happy to contribute for your new feature strider.

I don't think there is much I don't know about PAL SNES games, Consoles & accessories. I'm sure there are others who no doubt know more than I do about JAP and US SNES Stuff, Although I know a fair deal and do own around 100 (combined) US SNES & Super Famicom games.

As for SNES collecting I currently have around 500 complete SNES games, Several SNES consoles + quite a few accessories!

Let me know what you would require from me.

Andrew

Comment

As for SNES collecting I currently have around 500 complete SNES games, Several SNES consoles + quite a few accessories!
                  Is that all

Comment

Originally posted by KusoGaki View Post
                    These are probably the rarer snes consoles i've heard of:

Competition version
                    http://www.neoseeker.com/news/7977-r...housand-bucks/
                    Just the thought of an eight player version of SMK is enough to make me cum in my pants.

Comment

As I've said before, I'm very boring when it comes to the SNES. I'm not really bothered about most of the obscure games. When I use the machine - it's to play big name titles that most fans have heard of.

Of course, it's fun to play the games that didn't get released in the west, but most of them are weak. A few are great, but they've been mentioned many times by fans of the machine.

Also, I don't collect SNES games. I have all the titles I like the most( mainly cartridge only ) ... and that's around 40. My Top10 favourites are boxed( F-Zero, Axelay, Castlevania etc.. ) ... because they are truly special titles.

I look forward to the future SNES article - and hope the person you find really does love the machine with all his heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Ahoy! View Post
                        Of course, it's fun to play the games that didn't get released in the west, but most of them are weak.
                        I'd argue there are dozens, possibly hundreds of Japan-only games which are incredibly awesome to play, right now, even without knowing Japanese. If you think most of them are weak, I'd say you've perhaps not seen all there is.

Which isn't a criticism, since even now I'm still discovering new games. At Retro Reunited I played Magical Pop'n, which is an amazing slightly-Metroidvania-type platformer.

Comment

Live A Live by Square is a pretty awesome Japan only game. Of course its an RPG and I don't speak Japanese, so I had to play a fan translation Rom of it on an emulator. Still would love to own it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Szczepaniak View Post
                            I'd argue there are dozens, possibly hundreds of Japan-only games which are incredibly awesome to play, right now, even without knowing Japanese. If you think most of them are weak, I'd say you've perhaps not seen all there is.
                            Totally argree with what your saying in terms of Japanese games, my Japanese only collection blows my USA & PAL collections out of the water. So many great RPG's, shooters and many more that never saw the light of day out of Japan, you really have to be a Japanese collector to really see the SNES pushed to it limits.

Don't even get me started on the lack of games released in Europe compared to the US. PAL SNES owners were just skewed over by Nintendo back during the SNES era.

Comment

DoReMi Adventure, Umihara Kawase, Majyuuou, Mickey's Magical Adventure 3, Dragonball Z: Hyper Dimension, Front Mission, Battle Cross... all perfectly playable... all essential games.

Comment

Working...
                              X